Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

Suggestions plz...

Old 11-12-2005, 07:55 AM
King of Ricers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions plz...

Ok set 2 was made of 6 groups of 4LEDs in series. The LEDs started flickering after a few weeks of use.

Set 3 of my angel eyes has died. And I know they were water tight this time.

Basicly the sections of LEDs start flickering after 20 - 50 hours of use. they are 3.4v LEDs wired x4 to 14v in series. I've benched them in my house at 17v with no probs so what am I missing...

Set 4 will be regulated to 12v and will be a solid panel of LEDs(like a stop light, should be brighter than OEM foglights) and as such will be a bit more expensive to make so I thought I would request a little insight from the forums before I build them.

Old 11-12-2005, 07:48 PM
King of Ricers

nvm found the problem -> starter has a split second voltage spike somewhere in the 20v range, couldnt see it until I put a recording meter to it then I caught it. it wasnt time that was doin it, it was how many times I cranked the car.

Old 11-13-2005, 02:13 PM
All American, rice eater!

shouldnt your lights go out when you starter is engaged, so more power is avaible for the starter
Old 11-13-2005, 06:39 PM
King of Ricers

Originally Posted by GradeA_TireFryer
shouldnt your lights go out when you starter is engaged, so more power is avaible for the starter
Look below for GM genius, they dont think about things that make sense like that. But no the headlight relay shuts off but at night the autoheadlight switch overides the relay and they stay on during the crank. I am surprised my xenon bulbs havent shattered as well.