Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

Interview at Clearwater CC

Old 02-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Maximaniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interview at Clearwater CC

ok, so i have an interview for an audio job at the Clearwater CC on monday. Since its my first audio related job...anyone have any tips? Also, any websites for a quick crash course? Ive done mostly everything except like tv's but I never really memorized the details like calculating impedance n all that stuff, i just did it as i went using online wiring diagrams etc.

thanks for the help

-Kevin
Old 02-14-2004, 04:17 PM

Don't worry about studying man. Have you ever been to CC? They don't care how much you know.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:36 PM
Maximaniac

Originally posted by TBSpyder
Don't worry about studying man. Have you ever been to CC? They don't care how much you know.
lol true

i know CC isnt much comparatively
but hey, i gotta start somewhere
crosses fingers

-Kevin
Old 02-14-2004, 06:48 PM

I hear you man. Are you looking to get hired in install or sales?

I interviewed for installs...seriously, they're not looking for much. The manager asked me if I knew how to use a DMM and some shit. He even made the point to say "it's not like we're looking for someone who's mecp certified." lol Them and best buy are probably the only audio places though that will hire someone with little to no work experience in the field. I didn't take the job because there was just no way it would have paid my bills.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:32 PM
Maximaniac

I put I was looking for an install job on the application, but when I met the Roadshop manager today to set up the interview, he asked me if I would do either one and I said yes, and Id be happy doing either, doesnt matter to me.

DMM=digital multimeter? Should I learn to use one before I get the job?
Edit: found this site real quick on google, this should work.
http://www.ecmweb.com/ar/electric_ba...l_multimeters/

Last edited by kpr10is; 02-14-2004 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:25 PM
Just Ledoux it!

id say 90 percent of the stuff that goes thru tha bay there doesnt require much besides basic knowledge
Old 02-15-2004, 06:37 AM
Maximaniac

Yup, im thinking it wont be too hard
People that get car audio installed at CC dont know wtf theyre talkin about anyway

-Kevin
Old 02-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Reppin' the 813

i used to work there and look how much i know LoL, if ur sales, just know the basics on the cd players. Thats the biggest seller in there are the cd players. Sometimes ull have some prick come in ask u a million questions about em but besides that its usually old people lookin for somethin to the car. Just try n sell the most expensive things. If u go over quota, the managers get a bonus and they will love you!
Old 02-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Maximaniac

It wouldnt be a big deal for me to do sales, im sure i could memorize every feature of every cd player in the store if i wanted, ive just never really done sales so i have no idea if id be any good at like pushing the expensive stuff. And installing head units, speakers, and subs is no biggie, my only fault imo would be that im a perfectionist and id have to learn to get cars in and out faster while still doing a good job.

Afboy, i know they hired u because u said u knew the ppl there, but would they normally hire a high school senior? I know my work would speak for itself if i got hired but if there are older like college ppl applying, im not sure, cuz if i was the manager i might hire someone older before i hired a high school kid.

Hopefully the other 3 applications the manager had are all dumbasses

ill let everyone know tomorrow how it went and what they asked me.....i.e. "its not like we want someone mecp certified"
Old 02-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Uber lurker

I used to work at CC back in the day, in home audio. They did tend to hire less high school people than college but I think that's because their schedule was more flexible. If you know what you're doing and are somewhat flexible on your schedule I think your gonna do allright. Most of the time it's all about the interview anyway.