Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

Interview at Clearwater CC

Old 02-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Reppin' the 813

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by kpr10is
It wouldnt be a big deal for me to do sales, im sure i could memorize every feature of every cd player in the store if i wanted, ive just never really done sales so i have no idea if id be any good at like pushing the expensive stuff. And installing head units, speakers, and subs is no biggie, my only fault imo would be that im a perfectionist and id have to learn to get cars in and out faster while still doing a good job.

Afboy, i know they hired u because u said u knew the ppl there, but would they normally hire a high school senior? I know my work would speak for itself if i got hired but if there are older like college ppl applying, im not sure, cuz if i was the manager i might hire someone older before i hired a high school kid.

Hopefully the other 3 applications the manager had are all dumbasses

ill let everyone know tomorrow how it went and what they asked me.....i.e. "its not like we want someone mecp certified"
yes i did know the managers and i knew the people in car audio since i was in there everyday bullshittin, askin questions, showin em shit i did and asked for suggestions. I also brought them customers. But if i didnt know a decent amount of what I was doing then they wouldnt have hired me. As for them hiring collage over highschool, well you have to be 18 to stay, well in car audio atleast cuz if one day they need an installer, what are they gonna do wit me. I cant install since im only 17 althought i can work on my own car when they are dead and i ask a manager. I guess u could say i got the job since I knew the people there.
Old 02-16-2004, 03:12 PM
Maximaniac

The interview went pretty good. I was talkin to Don Keyes, the Roadshop manager, and Rob who is training for asst manager who has the Mini Madness Navigator with the W7's, some of u have prolly seen it, it was at slamfest.

Anyway, it was easy simple stuff since he is hiring for a sales position, not for installer. But I am 18, and I put installer on my application so he said if one day they were slammed I might be asked to go put in a head unit or two. But anyway, the only thing audio related I was asked was how did I get started doing it/what motivates me. When I replied, he then asked me what kinds of cars ive done, i told him, he asked what kind of connectors i used for head units, how i got through firewalls, etc, just to make sure i wasnt a total dumbass. Besides that, piece of cake.

I think ive got a good shot at it, pending the drug test which isnt an issue for me cuz i know im clean.

-Kevin
Old 02-16-2004, 06:42 PM
Reppin' the 813

I never had to drug test

And how do u get thru fire walls

Today I did my gf's del sol and on the third hole I finally got thru on a good place
Old 02-16-2004, 06:44 PM
Reppin' the 813

im jp bout the 3rd hole thing, it wasnt fun tho. I had her tap on the fire wall and i was on the other side and when i found a good place where she was tapping and i could feel it i drilled. Know any better ideas?
Old 02-16-2004, 06:51 PM

Originally posted by Afboy143
im jp bout the 3rd hole thing, it wasnt fun tho. I had her tap on the fire wall and i was on the other side and when i found a good place where she was tapping and i could feel it i drilled. Know any better ideas?
Yeah, going through an existing hole.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:47 PM

right below the battery is a hole
Old 02-17-2004, 09:26 PM
Just Ledoux it!

Originally posted by Afboy143
pull the carpet up and look for a plug? find a grommet in the firwall and snake a coathanger in it?