Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.
View Poll Results: IDQ or IDMAX?
2 IDQ 10's
22.22%
1 IDMAX 12
77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

idq or idmax?

Old 08-19-2003, 01:34 PM
Uber lurker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no problem letting you listen to them I'm going to probably come out to a meet in the next month once I get everything nice and purdy.

When you port a sub you gain +3db (the same gain as adding another sub) because your using the air that is moved by the other side of the speaker. And I agree it's very hard to get a ported box right. I tuned mine LOW(28hz) also it's very important to have a subsonic filter when you port because anything below the tuned frequency can cause damage to your speaker. The IDQ ported sounds like it came alive that's the only way I can describe it
Old 08-19-2003, 03:22 PM
It's a wooden pickle.

if it helps your decision any, the sub(s) will be hooked up to a phoenix gold zx600ti or ti600 (depending on what i can afford...)
Old 08-19-2003, 03:36 PM
Redneck Proud

I went with the idqs. Matched up to the phoneix gold amp, drool, sound be some pretty tight bass and sound really good.

Hwat does porting do? You can make the box peak at a certain freq, say 58 hz and gain db from it. Ported is good for the boomy bass while a sealed box is better for tight bass.
Old 08-19-2003, 04:09 PM
Uber lurker

Originally posted by dropcivic
I went with the idqs. Matched up to the phoneix gold amp, drool, sound be some pretty tight bass and sound really good.

Hwat does porting do? You can make the box peak at a certain freq, say 58 hz and gain db from it. Ported is good for the boomy bass while a sealed box is better for tight bass.
Errr....a properly setup ported box will sound just as good as a sealed setup. The problem is that very few people set ported boxes up with sound quality in mind and even when you do it's hard to get right. Of course if you set a box up a tune it to 58hz it's gonna sound like ass. A box that's like that has only one purpose in life: Burps. I'll let you listen to my system and then you can tell me if you think it's boomy
Old 08-20-2003, 03:43 AM
Redneck Proud

My freinds car has a ported box and last year she was SQ champion. Ported boxes are tricky t get right for some good bass. My port is tuned to i think 46 hz, box peaks at 58 and it sounds alright excepot for low, air movin bass

Southern Pride not racism