Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

Hardest hitting 10" or 12" single sub but still lightweight?

Old 08-17-2003, 06:04 AM
Just Ledoux it!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by flubyux2
im not trying to be a dick either, im being thourough so there is no misunderstanding... i figured you knew what i was talking about, which is why i didnt understand why you said:

those are specs that came off of DD's page.
http://ddaudio.com/caraudio/enclosur...Size_hiEff.asp
over the years of people and stereos you know how it is, many times someone will say somethign only to have to be not even close to right spec wise, I've done it before, so i was just checking to make sure that there wasnt a mix up on numbers somewhere or misread a chart ya know...

and from that link

All volumes listed are after vent, and subwoofer displacement;
a.k.a. NET volume

Last edited by 93ex; 08-17-2003 at 06:14 AM.
Old 08-17-2003, 06:16 AM
wanna play with me?

If u have the funds, workspace, materials and equipment i'd be glad to lend a helping hand.
Old 08-17-2003, 06:19 AM
Elitist Supra Asshole :)

right, so when i read their page... i took it to mean that if i want a port, i have to add that volume on top of the recommended 1.75, as well as adding the occupied volume of the speaker itself... am i right in assuming that?

btw, I dont have the funds, that why i have to build and research my own stuffs... i cant just take it to a stereo shop and say "build me a box and put in a good speaker w/ an amp"
Old 08-17-2003, 06:28 AM
Just Ledoux it!

Originally posted by flubyux2
right, so when i read their page... i took it to mean that if i want a port, i have to add that volume on top of the recommended 1.75, as well as adding the occupied volume of the speaker itself... am i right in assuming that?

btw, I dont have the funds, that why i have to build and research my own stuffs... i cant just take it to a stereo shop and say "build me a box and put in a good speaker w/ an amp"
i'm reading it as that 1.75 youre starting with already INCLUDES the driver dispalcement etc
Old 08-17-2003, 06:41 AM
Elitist Supra Asshole :)

that could be the case... they way they have it worded is funny. When i see NET, i just think that its only the amount of air space that the speaker needs to work with, and doesnt include the occupied or port volumes...

but, when it says after, maybe that means "After (they are included)"

if it only has to be 1.75^ft, that will make it that much more easier to package then.