Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Don't buy from slowboyracing.com

Old 07-26-2006, 08:46 AM
Has to many projects

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't buy from slowboyracing.com

Here it is, I got a turbo kit from them for around 1500.00. I called them 4 times and asked the sales guys, "does this come with an intercooler like in the pic", they said, yes it does. Ok cool, so I ordered it and when I got it, it looked like a bunch of nothing I could use and O yeah no intercooler!!!

So I called them and they said o we thought it did, I said ok well what can we do, he calls me back and says all we can do is give you one at cost or you can return it and we will not charge you a restocking fee. Well after looking at the kit and seeing it would take to much work to get it on I said, I'll send it back. Now this was about 3 mo ago. I got a refund in the mail for 1300.00 I said ok where is the rest, I called and spoke to the sales man and he said he will find out what happend and call me back, well no call back. I called him and he would say, well I turned in an order form and I am waiting for them to send it out. So I wait and wait and nothing. Now I called them today and he tells me that they are not going to give it back to me, that "sorry but this is the restocking fee". Now I am pissed!!!
I know it's a hundred and some odd dollars but it's mine and I am not rich. I also know this is a big mitsu company and you guys may not buy from here anyway, but when I was a mitsu head I had bought a lot of stuff from them. I thought I would just vent thanks for reading.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:57 AM
DD.
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good info man sucks that happened though!
Old 07-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Old School

They burned me once on a 16g warranty issue.They gave no paperwork on warranty when i recieved it.Turbo had more than normal play when i recieved it but i payed for ignoring it.They stated the return and warranty policy is on thier website so they wouldnt do shit.They suck at life and their customer service sucks.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:49 AM
Eis Aner Oudeis Aner

It seems like a hit or miss with slowboy...

I have always had good experiences with them, as have others. Always prompt delivery and they have always been nice to me. They even helped me when I managed to order 2 of the wrong part in getting the right one I needed quickly. I did stop getting my christmas card though! Bastards.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Has to many projects

They were fine when I had my Mitsu but this is just dumb. What 136.00 to them!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 10:20 AM
Has to many projects

WOW, I am getting know were fast with this guy. I e-mail the owner, now don't get me wrong the add is kinda miss leading. It has a pic of a full turbo kit and then say's for more power add intercooler, pipes and so on. That is why I called 4 diffrent sales men to ask them if it came with one and they all said, yes.

The owner e-mails me back and said there is nothing he can do. I am trying to think of something.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:47 AM
rocktastic

Originally Posted by CBURKE
WOW, I am getting know were fast with this guy. I e-mail the owner, now don't get me wrong the add is kinda miss leading. It has a pic of a full turbo kit and then say's for more power add intercooler, pipes and so on. That is why I called 4 diffrent sales men to ask them if it came with one and they all said, yes.

The owner e-mails me back and said there is nothing he can do. I am trying to think of something.
Did you get the names of any of the lazy, lying salesmen? Give the owner the salespeople's names. I'd freak if I found out someone working for me lied to trick a customer into buying something. That's how you get bad word-of-mouth. In car circles especially word-of-mouth is like gold.

Hopefully the money will be removed from some sales dick's paycheck and given to you.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Has to many projects

He asked all the sales men and they say they never said that, this happend like 3 month ago of course they are going to say that. He is no help what so ever and said he will believe them over me anyday.

if a bad thing happens to you with a company you will tell 9 othere people
if a good thing happens you may only tell one.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:48 PM
All American, rice eater!

That Is Why You Pay For Shit With Your Visa Card - You Then Can Argue The Charges And Get Your Money Back - Always Keep Records And Get Names And Dates!!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Has to many projects

even if it was like 2 1/2 month ago? I did pay with my visa.