War Stories Fictional Stories about your "Track" conquests ;-)

92 Civic vs 96 Vette

Old 06-30-2003, 09:13 PM
All Aboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Civic vs 96 Vette

i'm beginning to enjoy the power i now have in my economy car...which allows me to occasionally hold my own vs some of the quicker cars all of you are all too familiar with...

well...i'm driving up 49th street and see this C4 body style corvette with exhaust...at least it sounded meaner than the typical c4's i've come across in the past...

i proceed to give him a rev typical of most ricers and proceed to jump about a car length on him...the driver doesn't seem to be paying attention as he's talking on his cell phone...but then out of nowhere he downshifts and passes by me at 60+ mph as i proceed to get behind him and keep the distance even up to the next light.

i pull up next to him and he rolls down his window...apparently still talking to his wife as he says "ok honey, i'll talk to you later" he gets off of the phone and says "she wanted to know if i was racing again...i kinda laughed and then he asks "you on the bottle?" i reply, "no, its all motor." he's like..."oh" and asks me what i've done to my car...to which i reply "its just a 1.8L all motor setup." i ask him what he has done to his car and he says "its mostly stock" and i respond by saying "its quick for being stock, c4's usually aren't that fast." he's like "this motor is the grand sport edition" or something like that and he claimed it ran 12.9's to 13 teens with a good driver." this seemed a little low to me although i know absolutely nothing about corvette's so i just said "ok."

the light then turned green, and this guy got on it harder than i think i've ever seen anyone accelerate before...on the street as he smoked the tires, shifted into second and continued to spin his tires until he finally caught traction. i was kinda ready for him to get on it a little bit and did my best to stay with him...finally getting a bit of clear road and at his back bumper we both got on it..this time from 60mph up to about 95mph or so. he had me by about a car length or so and it was once again clear his car was faster.

i need more horsepower.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:20 PM

lol, I think all the war stories I've sen you put up have been you losing
Old 06-30-2003, 09:21 PM
All Aboard

i know, i also lost to a turbo gsr civic with 300whp tonight...but i didn't even bother posting it.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:21 PM
refinish artist

sorry bro,good try though.just a little more work huhh?

RIP Chester P.Anderson Jr.9/23/05 I love you dad,and miss you very much.

RIP Kevin"Slo SI" 9/13/06,we will miss you homie,time heals wounds but you will never be forgotten
Old 06-30-2003, 09:26 PM

Maybe the Type R isn't as fast as you thought, ricer
Old 06-30-2003, 09:29 PM

you need boost
Old 06-30-2003, 09:30 PM
All Aboard

...keep in mind, i am still untuned.

i'm not doing the motor i have justice...thats for sure.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:59 PM
All Aboard

nope, all white.

do they really have 330hp?

it was an lt4...was only available in the grand sport edition...or something like that right?
Old 06-30-2003, 10:03 PM

I heard what else you are doing. Keep up the good work with the all motor setup. Any money left for individual throttle bodies?
* IP Web-Site

* RIP Kevin/Slo_Si RIP & Pablo/Fathead