War Stories Fictional Stories about your "Track" conquests ;-)

SVT Focus up against Turbo Eclipse

Old 03-21-2003, 07:58 PM
Haul'n the Family

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SVT Focus up against Turbo Eclipse

Okay this was about a week ago, but here it goes anyway.
I was heading into work late one night. Found myself driving next to this black convertible turbo Eclipse. The previous body style before the latest one.
I came along side him doing about 50mph on Adamo. It had three dudes in it. I could hear the turbo really spooling up and then I could hear the blow off sound "Sppppppffff" (blow off valve is that right? Don't know shit about Turbo cars)
Anyway, the passenger looks over at me , and the driver taps the throttle making the car lurch forward while still moving along, he is just ahead of me about fender, still cruising along around 55mph. So I downshift into 3rd from 5th. And, the Eclipse gets on it too. I was ahead of him even before I was shifting into 4th. Into 5th with a good hard shift and I was a good 3 cars ahead. Well into 5th and he was falling even further behind.
Next light at 301 he pulls up behind me since there was a car already in the right lane. Turns green and I lay it down, so does the Eclipse. He was right behind me on my bumper through first and second , as soon as he could he moved into the right lane next to me, but by then I was already pulling hard on him. 3rd gear I wound it out, his lights were getting smaller....shifting into 4th, I soon found myself going way too fast. Into 5th gear and I backed off, and slipped into 6th. The Eclipse and crew far behind. They caught up and pulled along side me, then I gave the thumbs up, they did the same.
I was feeling pretty good about myself, then I started thinking , "well they did have three guys in the car...so I shouldn't be so proud."
That's when I looked down and noticed I still had my A/C on. Oops. So I guess it was a fairly even disadvantage. Good run though....those dudes were cool.

*The turbo was really freakin loud. Is that a sign that it could have been something aftermarket. Just curious...perhaps wishful thinking.
Old 03-21-2003, 08:56 PM

I leave the a/c on a sip capeccino while flicking bugers through the t-top when i run. heheh
I want to run a svt focus thing in my sunbird. Should be a (long) close race.
Old 03-22-2003, 12:54 PM
PSSHHH x2

i dunno what the specs of an SVT focus, but a bone stock 2G GST has like 205 hp at the crank and weighs in around 3000.

the BOV adds no performance on a stock car, and as for the turbo being loud my turbo whines very loudly when im on it, its stock but just have the silencer removed and all the little free mods and 16psi, i know of a eclipse you'd love to race, im sure he would give you a 3 bus headstart
Brocks megaphone
Spencercycle 10" swingarm
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Yea, that about sums it up...

Old 03-22-2003, 01:13 PM
SRT-4

The Spyder's are heavier than the regular GST's so he had even more of a disadvantage.

Other than that. Good Kill.
Old 03-22-2003, 09:58 PM

Originally posted by Billy
Good kill

No, it wouldn't be...not if your Sunbird runs as strong as you have made it sound in other posts.
84mph traps lol
Trust me, the other post were ment to be purely sarcastic.
Old 03-24-2003, 08:35 AM

Damn, I only trap at 111.

I drive way too fast to worry about cancer!!!

I eat Omni GLH-S's for breakfast!!!

Your fish smells like pussy!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by Billy
Shit, I only trap at 98mph.
Im sorry, lol