War Stories Fictional Stories about your "Track" conquests ;-)

Exhaust etc, bumpin'PSI, just to name a few......

Old 12-25-2002, 10:22 PM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[/quote]

BAWWWWAAHAHAHAHAH

from a stop = Tests your entire cars ability.

from a roll = tests about 30% of your cars ability.

i guess since these turbo imports are only fast when their turbo spools (which is about 30% of the time), thats where they want to "race".

what about the other 70%?

My thoughts exactly Dave. Half of the people on here wouldnt know a race if it hit them in the head.

I would never claim a "kill" from a roll. And if you ever see me on the road dont try to go from a roll with me, because all it will do is make me laugh. BAAHAHAHAHAHAH[/quote]

I would agree with the top part off this. I do not race from a roll. Which brings me to the 2nd part. I`m not sure why you think a turbo car is in the boost only 30% of the time when going wot. I cant speak for all turbo cars but i know mine is in boost from the time i leave the line and all the way down the track. Oh and good kills Will.
Old 12-26-2002, 06:01 AM

I will hopefully have my new tranny and clutch in this weekend. And come back next weekend and race some people from a stop. I have no intention of talking smack to anyone and would just like friendly races. Friendly, by which I mean, no smack talk before or after. I came out Sat to have fun with my friends (tehy hadn't seen the car in like 6 months), I got to race some people and had a great time. I could only race from a roll saturday because my tranny and clutch are shot. Not an excuse just a reason why i didn't run from the dig. But let me tell you an mr2 launches almost as quick as a AWD DSM. Like I said I will run people, but for fun and hopefully it will stay fun. Thanks Al
My Website: www.powersimagery.com
My Job: Vegas Magazine | Retna LTD | Tao/Lavo/Marquee Las Vegas
Old 12-26-2002, 06:04 AM

I`m not sure why you think a turbo car is in the boost only 30% of the time when going wot. I cant speak for all turbo cars but i know mine is in boost from the time i leave the line and all the way down the track. Oh and good kills Will.
Yeah true, I launch my car with 1.6bar off the line.
My Website: www.powersimagery.com
My Job: Vegas Magazine | Retna LTD | Tao/Lavo/Marquee Las Vegas
Old 12-26-2002, 10:16 AM

Originally posted by "FordMan"

Originally Posted by chethewitt
scott, i've seen corey r.'s 94 camaro run a 13.0 with a "lid" and that was basically it...in an automatic. i didn't believe this either, until i talked with some of the v8 guys and looked at their setups.

the new z28's/ss's are fast...end of story. with drag radials and 6 speeds and a few minor mods they can be in the 12's...as i've witnessed this myself.

(and this is coming from a honda owner, i'm giving these cars the credit they deserve)

Once again your reply plus several others after this one list off lots of people with "simple" mods and run in the high 12's or low 13's as you mentioned but none "stock" as mentioned earlier.

Stock = from the factory (NO MODS).

I am only making this point because of all the previous statements that have been made that say so and so's car runs 12's and it is stock. But later on it ends up being stock plus a lid and / or some other simple things.

Just trying to clerify the obvious for everyone.
Scott what do you think my car would run with the stock lid?! a 14.5?

the lid is worth a tenth or two at the most.

next time i go to BMP ill bring the stock lid, i PROMISE ill still run 13.0 if not 13.0 then VERY close to it! in fact ill leave it in the trunk in case anyone sees me on the road and wants to run a "stock" LS1.

Im not wearing Nittos,i have the stock factory RSA tires. my best 60' is 1.96 and in the 10 runs i have so far ive only gone 2.0 or slower one time.

i think my car is fast stock becuase the cops did a good job beating hte LS1 motor in for me. the more you beat on an LS1, the faster it goezzzzzzz.
Old 12-26-2002, 10:44 AM

Its cool man!
Old 12-26-2002, 11:21 AM

Originally posted by "FordMan"

I know they are capable of very low 13's but not mid to high 12's. I thought the lids were worth more than that

Not picking on the F-Body people just trying to make a point to a few people.
I went 13.07 from the dealership (89degrees and 90% humidity, with a track temp of 139), and with a lid and muffler dropped to a 12.8 (85degrees and 80% humidity, with track temps of120+)... if time allows, I will get a few cold weather runs under my belt, and give you some good weather numbers!! Oh, and those are both with 2.05+ 60' times.

I drive way too fast to worry about cancer!!!

I eat Omni GLH-S's for breakfast!!!

Your fish smells like pussy!!!