War Stories Fictional Stories about your "Track" conquests ;-)

Enthalpy vs. URFUCT .... The saga

Old 08-31-2002, 11:48 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enthalpy vs. URFUCT .... The saga

Preface to the story: This is what car life is all about. making friends, racing, talking smack, having a good time.

Despite what others thought URFUCT had never run on the bottle in any previous contests. It was installed and tuned on friday/saturday.

All i can say is that these 2 cars are DAMN close!! URFUCT gets out of the hole on me, and i pull on the top a bit. Heres the night long saga. We spent alot of time trying to dodge the ricers, and get some clean runs in.

Run 1 - URFUCT gets 1 car jump at start, Enthalpy reals this in to 1/2 car...then hits speed limiter (not expecting to run...hadn't disconnected yet)

Run 2 - Enthalpy spins badly, URFUCT takes it by just over a car.

Run 3 - URFUCT has nitrous troubles, Enthalpy throws the wastegate dump tube off in a shower of sparks @ 1/8 mile mark, Enthalpy wins.

Run 4 - Enthalpy spins bad again, and is overheating (3 runs in a row), URFUCT wins by 1 car

Run 5 - More nitrous troubles for URFUCT, we lift @ 1/8 mile. Enthalpy wins.

Run 6 - Enthalpy gets 1/2 car jump, takes the win by just over a car. URFUCT was having clutch issues however (what's that smell??)

URFUCT...feel free to chime in if you saw things any different. but that's how i seem to remember it. Final score is 3 to 3 and the cops showed so we all went home. both of us with problems to fix and modifications to make!! So I have a sinking feeling we will run again in a few weeks!!

As a side note...both URFUCT and Enthalpy killed the Tea & Crumpets brothers NSX back to back from a roll on a bridge!!!

Scott
Old 09-01-2002, 12:33 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

you are right things will be MUCH different next time we race!!

Heres the way I look at it though. Everytime I line up to race it counts! no excuses on either part whoever gets there first wins. that's street racing. if you wanted to sit on the one first race and claim victory...I would have had to deal with that. Instead we raced SIX times and it was 3 to 3. Mechanical failure is a loss just as much as driver error is a loss.

maybe next time it needs to be one race only for all the bragging rights?
Old 09-01-2002, 02:17 AM
The Mole

I saw it, posts are acurate...both cars are awsome!!!
Old 09-01-2002, 02:27 AM
bad ass fonzie

Originally posted by "URFUCT"

Scott,
I just wanted to say that when we did get clean races (3 of them) I beat you twice and you beat me once.

The next time we race, things will be a little different.....
part 1. i have an accord. so no one really cares what i think.

part 2. on the street or on the track, if you fail, or if your car fails. . . if you lost, you lost. period. i see 3 to 3. not 3 to 1. far be it for me to call you a ricer. . . but it's a ricer's excuse to say my nitrous didnt work.

part 3. take me for a ride please
Old 09-01-2002, 02:39 AM
I have fuzzy eyebrows

Great race guys. It was the highlight of my night for sure. Scott...love that car...its a serious sleeper.

Will...give me a ring and ill help you fix all those bugs. Running that way you where missing quite a bit of HP. At least 30-40 for sure.

if it's cheap & reliable, it ain't fast, if it's fast & cheap, it ain't reliable, if it's fast & reliable, it ain't cheap
Old 09-01-2002, 02:44 AM

Tonight was awsome once we got things settled in for the races. I wished I could have got a chance to race one of you two, oh well maybe some other time.

Both cars are fast, one is a domestic, one is an import. The End
Old 09-01-2002, 03:04 AM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

Originally posted by "Mr 2"

Tonight was awsome once we got things settled in for the races. I wished I could have got a chance to race one of you two, oh well maybe some other time.

Both cars are fast, one is a domestic, one is an import. The End

:withstupid:
Old 09-01-2002, 05:05 AM
Team Geritol Racing

Sorry I missed it. I cruised over but didn't spot you.

Tony