War Stories Fictional Stories about your "Track" conquests ;-)

Black SRT-8 Challenger vs. 07 GTI

Old 08-27-2009, 12:07 PM
13.291@107.70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black SRT-8 Challenger vs. 07 GTI

Ended up behind one at a light in traffic today, there was an opening coming out of the light, he went WOT, I followed, and had to keep letting off the gas to keep pace with him.

We kind of play follow the leader for a minute and then hit a light side by side. I am sure he wants to run since he even got over so we would end up next to each other, so I look over to talk to him but he's got his serious business face on and won't look over. Only a couple seconds after stopping it goes green, I took it to the top of 3rd before even looking for him because I was expecting a good race and was focusing on my driving, but he was way back. My car has the back half stripped out right now so it's loud as shit inside and I couldn't even hear his to tell where he was. So I'm not sure if he was scared to do a dig against my FWD 2 liter or just gave up or what.

So now I'm just cruising, a mile or so down the road he starts coming up fast and then slows down beside me, I'm in 4th about 700 RPM away from the meat of my powerband, but don't bother downshifting, he takes the hit and he get's a bumper on me and we stay right there with no one pulling. Now...in his lane there's an 18 wheeler coming up fast, my lane is wide open. After he gets way past the point that a rational person would hit the brakes I realize he is either going jihad into the back of this truck, or into the side of me. Or maybe he thought he was miraculously going to start pulling hard and pass me in the next couple seconds. Not really wanting to see what happens, I hit the brakes for him and he starts coming into my lane before I'm even out of the way. At this point I'm kind of shocked, and just go on my way. I wish I would have downshifted to 3rd but oh well.

Just thougt I'd share, really hoping the guy is on here cause I would like to know what the fuck he was planning on doing if I didn't let him pass me. Maybe death would have been better than losing to a VW hatch
Old 08-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Resident TOB Killer

Those new Challengers may be boats, but they aren't pushovers. Good kill(s)!
Old 08-27-2009, 05:52 PM

Thats why you dont race on busy roads.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Drivermod03
Thats why you dont race on busy roads.
+1

Good kill though.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:13 AM
^This fuckin guy^

Originally Posted by 302GTS
Those new Challengers may be boats, but they aren't pushovers. Good kill(s)!
uh yeah they are... ive seen like 3 of them run at bradenton. none of them ran faster than a 14. still a good kill though.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Resident TOB Killer

Originally Posted by Man in Black
uh yeah they are... ive seen like 3 of them run at bradenton. none of them ran faster than a 14. still a good kill though.
I've seen mid-high 13's out of them... For a car that weighs, what, over 4 thousand pounds?
Old 08-28-2009, 02:11 PM
^This fuckin guy^

Originally Posted by 302GTS
I've seen mid-high 13's out of them... For a car that weighs, what, over 4 thousand pounds?
4140 to be exact. but still they have 425hp and are only available in auto. they are slow!
Old 08-28-2009, 03:04 PM
13.291@107.70

I cant really call it a kill but thanks. And when I was getting on it the road was always wide open with the exception of that truck in his lane at the end. I couldn't help myself when I saw this douche.

But they really only come in auto? so gay. I thought it was a manual too just from the amount of slop I saw when he was changing gears. I've never seen one at BMP but I've seen some other domestic v8's run really shitty times there so it wouldn't suprise me. Last time I ran 13.72 and it should easily be a few tenths quicker now, still fucking slow though but it's fun and just my daily and it gets 32 mpg haha
Old 08-28-2009, 03:20 PM
^This fuckin guy^

Originally Posted by sloMk5
I cant really call it a kill but thanks. And when I was getting on it the road was always wide open with the exception of that truck in his lane at the end. I couldn't help myself when I saw this douche.

But they really only come in auto? so gay. I thought it was a manual too just from the amount of slop I saw when he was changing gears. I've never seen one at BMP but I've seen some other domestic v8's run really shitty times there so it wouldn't suprise me. Last time I ran 13.72 and it should easily be a few tenths quicker now, still fucking slow though but it's fun and just my daily and it gets 32 mpg haha
slow domestic V8s=n/a mustangs and all dodge products. just wanted to clarify that cause we all know teh lsjuan neva lose.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Resident TOB Killer

Challengers come in manual... So you're wrong there. There are other brands than GM you know. Sure, ls1's are great for being bone stock and hitting 13 flats, but maybe some people enjoy building up a crazy n/a Mustang, or a real nice Challenger, be it new or classic.