War Stories Fictional Stories about your "Track" conquests ;-)

94TSiAWD vs. 3rd gen RX-7

Old 03-24-2001, 10:49 PM
Olde Skool DSM'r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im headed south on Dale Mabry on my way home. Im following a 95ish white Rustang hoping to have a little street action with the new setup. He really didnt seem interested but he got on the interstate southbound in front of me. He was driving kind of fast 80-85 mph on the Howard Franklin and I was following. We were catching and passing all the slower traffic when we cam upon a red 3rd gen RX-7. Of couse the Rustang slowed down to taunt the sexy R1 but I just continued by. I was about 5 cars ahead of the RX-7 when he decided the Rustang wasnt his style and he came flying up to catch me. He had a good start and was gaining on me fast so I dropped to 4th and took off when he was at my bumper. I put 2 good cars on him and let of as I put it in 5th and slowed back to about 75mph. The RX-7 pulled up next to me and gave me some kind of sign... I could only assume he was giving me the move so I dropped back to 4th and hammered it. He was right next to me for a second then by the top of 4th I had a full car on him. I shifted to 5th double checking to make sure it wasnt 3rd and hammered it again. He caught up to my rear bumper while I took my time shifting but when I hit it in 5th He couldnt gain anymore. We had to brake because the traffic that was miles ahead was only yards ahead now. He pulled beside me and I gave him a thumbs up. He had his hand on his chin and was a little crouched over. I think he expected an easy kill.

I followed him all the way the last exit before the Skyway trying to just ease up next to him to see what mods he had. He just kept gunning it ans wouldnt let me next to him again. I wasnt about to run my car up at 130mph again just to see what his mods were . Just before he took his exit he took off. I didnt follow but he flicked his Hazards on. I just flashed my brights real quick and went on. Hope he doesnt think he won because I wouldnt do 130+ all the way through St. Pete...

Old 03-25-2001, 12:54 AM

Good kill! Gotta keep us RX-7 owners in check..

-j0lt
Old 03-25-2001, 05:58 AM

Nice kill man. Wish it could of been a Manage A trios.
Old 03-25-2001, 06:02 AM
Olde Skool DSM'r

I dont know how modded the car was. I saw an A-pillar gauge pod but that doesnt mean much. I do know those cars have pretty good top end. They are supposed to run low 13s while relying on their top end. Not a lot of traction there. If I was able to hold him of from 80mph+ I am pretty happy. From a standing start he would have been hurting.

Damn Mitsu non feelin trannies

my thoughts exactly...
Old 03-25-2001, 06:40 AM

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by Mr Self Destruct

Damn Mitsu non feelin trannies I LOLd when I read this.

Yup...you got a nice taste of that last night from me. After that first test run the tranny musta been all heated up. Second gear.....I dont think so....GRAAAACCCCCCKKKKK!!!...
Old 03-25-2001, 01:16 PM
Olde Skool DSM'r

NOS I never saw the Stang again...

n/a... Ya you can beat me.