War Stories Fictional Stories about your "Track" conquests ;-)

Had some old stlye le Mans fun

Old 02-15-2001, 12:54 PM
Urban Redneck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While home for Val-day I got together with a few buddies while I was waiting for My Gf to get off work. We were eating some hardeees when one of the guys start talking about the hot laps we would take around the county. We somebody came up with the crazy idea to do it agian. But this time we did like a le mans start we all parked our cars in line then went back to Hardees. we had the girl tell us we to start. When she didwe all ran to our cars... jumped in (no lie my friend dave has a cutlass that he jumps in like the dukes of hazzard...feet first through the window) I had to open the damn door...
anyway we all tear ass out of hardees and start driving like crazy ass fools on some of the curvyest roads you have ever seen. (ozello trail oak park dr and south 491) there were six of us (81 cutlass 99 stang v6 88 5.0 97 camaro with a ls1 85 iroc and of course ians saturn.)
First things first...dont ever let cutlass corner at more than 30mph its just scary...the damn boat was leaning like a mo-fo and the his tires would break loose 3in from the car next to him. Anyway it was fun as hell the Ls1 Camaro was dusting the shit out of us but he would slow down just to toy with us.... I was very surprised at just how well my car handled. except for when you see a sign that say left turn 15 miles and hour....it really does mean close to 15mph. I almost went in the gulf of mexico...

We had so much fun because it was more of a cornering and driver race than it was about pure horsepower we had some good corner passes and Ian with his damn saturn pulling 4 wheel slide for almost 30 seconds in this one turn all we heard was eerererereeerererererere for thirty seconds....much props to ian for holding it that long.
After about 40 minutes of sweaty palms leg cramps (standing on the damn pedal)we got to the last strench of road which has 3 90 degrees esses at the end of it right before we get to a circle k (finsh line) it was haul balls time...the 5.0 and ls1 just dipped out bye.. then it was left to myself (stang) iroc saturn and cutlass. I got on it and so did steve ( iroc) we were door2door all the way through 80 on this two lane road when i see a car comming in my lane..(left i was passing) instead of steve trying to kill me he actually let me pass and we went sinlge file for a sec.. he pops out as soon as the car passes...and we go into the esses side by side...I about shit my pants... i dont know how nascar guys do that. after a hour of driving i was having really bad brake fade so i just down shifted a bit and let him by. then i look in my rearview and theres ian(saturn) and dave(cutlass) theyre side by side only the cutlass cant take turns like that over 30mph! he starts plowing into the turn and gets some good ass sliding going on his rear bumper came inches from hitting the saturn I thought they were both dead. but he plowed perfectly right back in line and ian was out in front. about a 1/8 mile left till the circle k they both pull out and i slow down were running 2by2 down the same 2 lane road. it was so bad ass looking. we all pull in to the K. get out and were all greeted by that wonderfull smell of brake tires and the cutlass overheating. It was so much fun Ryan (ls1) and jeff (5.0) were just sitting on their hoods having a soda by the time we got there. For all those people wondering the final standings :Ls1 Camaro 5.0 85 iroc Me v6 stang saturn and the cutlass.
I maybe insane for doing what we did but we live in the country where there is little or no traffic and if there was traffic we politley passed at near the speed limit but you know what...It was the most fun i have ever had in a car (well non-physical fun ). hey btw whatever happend to the rally racing or cannonball running were going to do?

------------------
Rules of Man:
1)Drive it like you stole it
2)If you cant find it grind it.
3) If its fast its not nearly fast enough.
4)If it smells real sweet feel free to eat
5)Hair back balls out

<FONT COLOR=#a8a8a8 SIZE=1 FACE=Verdana Arial>This message has been edited by murph38_99 on 02-15-2001 at 05:10 PM</font>
Old 02-15-2001, 07:38 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Excellent story...Just be careful.

------------------
Old 02-15-2001, 09:56 PM
Me angry, you cry

Hey good story. I agree with enthalpy though be careful
Old 02-16-2001, 12:22 AM
Me angry, you cry

Damn Murph thats an awesome story all you need is Burt Rynolds and a redneck in a semi with a dog and you got yourself one hell of a movie

------------------
teal 94 integra gsr 99 saw blades aem intake &cam gears. moderating since sep. 2000
skunk 2 coilovers
Old 02-16-2001, 01:59 PM
Urban Redneck

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by onefastb18c:
That is a great story. I want to be in the next one

WE might be able to arrange a tampa style playground! anyone interested needs to take it to pm.

------------------
Rules of Man:
5)Hair back balls out
Old 02-17-2001, 09:35 PM
Just Ledoux it!

Ar eyou tlkaing about where we ran two or three nights ago for the tampa one? You know Im in.
Old 02-21-2001, 11:08 AM
Urban Redneck

yeah we could do it there...... its long enough. we could make a little course.

------------------
Rules of Man:
5)Hair back balls out
Old 02-21-2001, 11:25 AM
Urban Redneck

thats awesome..im in if we do that in tampa...that aounds like a riot..we should orgainize something like that through downtown..like they do in the movies..and haved a few cam cars set up

------------------
Hybrid Tim
Holy Shit..its the 5.oh...sorry PO i gots ta go

No officer i dont street race...i Just see if i can beat that other car..

Quick Reply: Had some old stlye le Mans fun