War Stories Fictional Stories about your "Track" conquests ;-)

BUILT DSM vs Ported Blower 03 COBRA!

Old 07-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Pump Gas Pimps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUILT DSM vs Ported Blower 03 COBRA!

I just found this video I made a long time ago, it’s a pretty damn good run! (This was in Chicago) Kinda funny an 03 Cobra with $2,000 into it is pretty even with a DSM that has $20,000 in it! But don't get me wrong I love dsms, and this was a race between friends...

-500whp 03 Cobra:
Ported Eaton, upper and lower pulley, intake, aftercooler, dumps, and chip/tuned.

-Built 500awhp 95 Talon awd TSI:
Built 2.0 motor, FP3065 turbo @ 37psi, AEM EMS, DVDT intercooler, 1000cc injectors, Quartedmaster Twin Disc clutch, 3” turbo back, crazy race ported head, hks 272 cams, ECT…. To see full mod list go to: http://www.aspiratedperformance.com/Project%20Talon.htm

Click here to see Video (Rep Returned)

Last edited by 2 ROWDY; 07-15-2007 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:40 PM
back in a 4g63

this just goes for all those civic and whatever else owners in the war stories who are like "yeah i was in my civic with i/h/e just cruising along and an 03 cobra with blower PROCEDED (i love how everyone uses that word) to drive up next to me, and i smoked him from a 30 roll all the way up to 287mph".

nice vid, i think the guy in the dsm just didnt know how to drive. not being biased to dsms, but hes got a lot of crap done to that car, maybe the video was taken after he just rebuilt the engine or something and he had to let it break in, so he couldnt go past 4500 rpms or something. i dunno... good kill for the cobra.

"All I can tell you is... the gun had an owner, something happened, and suddenly the gun didnt have an owner anymore."
Old 07-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Old School

Thats the slowest 500 hp dsm ive ever seen or your cobra is more powerful than what you say.Maybe a dig he would have given you a better run?
Old 07-12-2007, 03:51 PM
back in a 4g63

Originally Posted by theebluecrx
Thats the slowest 500 hp dsm ive ever seen or your cobra is more powerful than what you say.Maybe a dig he would have given you a better run?
yeah something must have been wrong with the dsm. untuned or something. im not saying that an 03 cobra isnt fast, because they are. but if you invest 20 grand into an already quick car, you would think that you should at least be running high 9's to mid 10's. lol

this is an interesting vid, and should make for good discussion.

"All I can tell you is... the gun had an owner, something happened, and suddenly the gun didnt have an owner anymore."
Old 07-12-2007, 04:38 PM

A upper lower heat exchangered Cobra like that should run a high 11 with a good driver ....

Looked like the DSM driver wasnt the greatest , and he still managed to pull quite a bit between the gears ..

Looks like the typical fast car slow driver .vs. quick car good driver combo to me
Old 07-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by GsEclipse02
A upper lower heat exchangered Cobra like that should run a high 11 with a good driver ....

Looked like the DSM driver wasnt the greatest , and he still managed to pull quite a bit between the gears ..

Looks like the typical fast car slow driver .vs. quick car good driver combo to me

Yea but from a roll it should have been a better run.Shit riven@400 hp with 4 people in the car gave cbr's old cobra a better run than that.What driver skill do you need in a roll?Fuckin mash and shift.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:14 PM
back in a 4g63

well he could have brake boosted or double-clutched, doing those wrong or not at all could have seriously affected the outcome. it didnt sound like he did either though.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Pump Gas Pimps

Originally Posted by GsT Racer
this just goes for all those civic and whatever else owners in the war stories who are like "yeah i was in my civic with i/h/e just cruising along and an 03 cobra with blower PROCEDED (i love how everyone uses that word) to drive up next to me, and i smoked him from a 30 roll all the way up to 287mph".

nice vid, i think the guy in the dsm just didnt know how to drive. not being biased to dsms, but hes got a lot of crap done to that car, maybe the video was taken after he just rebuilt the engine or something and he had to let it break in, so he couldnt go past 4500 rpms or something. i dunno... good kill for the cobra.

Not at all, They are both good friends of mine. The DSM was making about 490-500awhp that night and the Cobra put down 500whp and 5XXwtq. They are both good drivers and the DSM break boosted the second run. The Cobra is a solid 11.40 car and the DSM went 11.20 on that set up if I recall correctly. You need to remember that AWD cars are NOT fast from a roll! I beat my friends Evo 9 last night from a 50 roll in my slow ass mustang! So yes, the DSM does have a "lot of crap" done to the car, but no it was running just fine and being driven by a good driver...
Old 07-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Pump Gas Pimps

Originally Posted by GsEclipse02

No, I bet he is a better driver than you...

He is also an Engineer and is a Licenced AEM EMS tuner. He wasn't power shifting, but shifted the car quickly while keeping it in-boost without hurting the stock tranny.

Again it was a fun race between two friends, come on DSM guys... don't get your panties in a bunch!

I'm a DSM guy too, the DSM in this video is quick, but this just goes to show how nasty 03 Cobras really are.

The DSM is a lot faster now, and if it makes you guys feel any better my friend with the 03 Cobra has since sold it and now owns a very very nasty DSM that will fuck up the DSM from the video and ANY AWD DSM on this forum! Hands down!

Last edited by 2 ROWDY; 07-15-2007 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:09 AM
*Turbo Interceptor*

Originally Posted by 2 ROWDY
No, I bet he is a better driver than you...

He is also an Engineer and is a Licenced AEM EMS tuner. He wasn't power shifting, but shifted the car quickly while keeping it in-boost without hurting the stock tranny.

Again it was a fun race between two friends, come on DSM guys... don't get your panties in a bunch!

I'm a DSM guy too, the DSM in this video is quick, but this just goes to show how nasty 03 Cobras really are.

The DSM is a lot faster now, and if it makes you guys feel any better my friend with the 03 Cobra has since sold it and now owns a very very nasty DSM that will fuck up the DSM from the video and ANY DSM or Subaru on this forum! Hands down!
And his name is Eric from AMS right!!! Otherwise I think not. "Unless this guy doesn't live in the Bay area"

Some info on this Nasty Dsm please
Hp/Tq
turbo
rpm/shift point
awd?
street car or not?
ET at the track?
Vehicle weight

Careful how you answer, we're not idiots. One thing I do agree with, I'm sure he is a better driver than Julian

Last edited by THE_ONE; 07-13-2007 at 05:14 AM.