War Stories Fictional Stories about your "Track" conquests ;-)

STI vs. LS1 z28

Old 03-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Anti-Subaru Squad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobywrx
bro thats f****d up man I would get to the tuner to pay for that shit.
Believe me, this crossed my mind many times and I have expressed my feelings to him in a mature manner. He wanted me to bring the car up to Atlanta, me paying for transportation, THEN he told me I'd have to pay for labor for them to pull apart the motor and diagnose what was wrong.

He knew that would take a ton of time, money, and effort on my part and I knew he was hoping that I would just say forget it and have it taken care of myself, unfortunately he was right. There is just no way I could be without a car for that long and have no guarantee that my car would be fixed and paid for by him/his insurance.

So, I'm going to have the motor replaced and get a retune by performance driven because I have an EcuTek license... although I wasn't extremely impressed by their previous tune.

Orlando Stock
Old 03-04-2007, 12:45 AM
PSSHHH x2

Originally Posted by ITS n STI
You think 12.5 AFR, 23lbs of boost, and a timing map that looks like a skateboard ramp on pump gas isn't horrible?
take a screen shot of this timing map. cause no, i dont think 12.5:1 and 23psi are horrible. if this was such a horrible shitty tune that blew up your car, its partially your fault because you ignored all the detonation going on over that 3 month span.
Brocks megaphone
Spencercycle 10" swingarm
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Yea, that about sums it up...

Old 03-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Anti-Subaru Squad

Originally Posted by Sneakin Deacon
take a screen shot of this timing map. cause no, i dont think 12.5:1 and 23psi are horrible. if this was such a horrible shitty tune that blew up your car, its partially your fault because you ignored all the detonation going on over that 3 month span.
Sorry, you must not know about tuning then.

I questioned him about the detonation and I was told (arrogantly in my opinion) to "check my vac lines"...

The detonation wasn't very audible especially since my car is pretty loud.

Orlando Stock
Old 03-04-2007, 04:53 AM
PSSHHH x2

yea, i must know nothing about tuning when you havent even shown me or told me anything. 23psi...whoopdy do, i am just amazingly going to know what turbo we're talking about here. T25 at 23psi? PT76GTQ at 23psi? what? i bet you cant even feasably reason to me why you think you need a richer A/F other than you think richer means safer.

the kicker to all of this is you knew it was there, you just openly admitted it, and regardless of what he told you, i think you had a slight speckle of an idea prior to what happened, what detonation will ultimately do to an engine.

so personally, if i was your tuner, i'd chalk your incident up to nothing more then operator error.
Brocks megaphone
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Old 03-04-2007, 05:04 AM
TR Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by Sneakin Deacon
yea, i must know nothing about tuning when you havent even shown me or told me anything. 23psi...whoopdy do, i am just amazingly going to know what turbo we're talking about here. T25 at 23psi? PT76GTQ at 23psi? what? i bet you cant even feasably reason to me why you think you need a richer A/F other than you think richer means safer.

the kicker to all of this is you knew it was there, you just openly admitted it, and regardless of what he told you, i think you had a slight speckle of an idea prior to what happened, what detonation will ultimately do to an engine.

so personally, if i was your tuner, i'd chalk your incident up to nothing more then operator error.
oh snap
Old 03-04-2007, 05:34 AM
I'm Slow

nice death

550/550
Old 03-04-2007, 12:11 PM

sneakin: if you look at the mods he posted then you would see that he doesnt have a turbo upgrade. The stock IHI turbo on a sti is breathing fire at 23psi so you would need to run richer than 12.5:1 on "his setup" to compensate.
I dont think your attitude torwards his dilema is anything but ignorance.

08 S2000 CR (sold)
06 Sti (sold)
98 ITR (sold)
88 civic 4 door (sold)
95 Mustang GT (sold)
87 LX 5.0 stang (sold)

LHTPerformance.net
Old 03-04-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm Slow

+1 , that's why 12.5:1 was the race gas tune.

550/550
Old 03-04-2007, 02:38 PM
PSSHHH x2

my attitude to his dilemma is not ignorane. it is annoyance. people bitch and moan about their fucking tunes, and their tuners, and anything that goes wrong with the car must be their faults. a competant tuner will do what you want them to do within their ability.

I dont know the conversation that took place between himself and the tuner, but im guessing it was pretty funny for atleast one party involved. You want to push the limits of stock shit, this is what happens. You want to blow nothing but hot air from a turbo your running so inefficiently, be my guest. But for fuck sake, when shit goes wrong, don't look any further then the closest mirror. I know im being a dick right now, but seriously, there is no one to blame other than yourself. If your that coy thatyou'd let him turn you away with the vacuum line remark and pursue it no further and not emphasize to him that things were not up to par then yet again, your coyishness took the better of you.

you may call me whatever you like, cause everyone else does. I have no compassion towards most peoples situations that they have ultimately brought upon themselves. hence i have no compassion here. detonation was heard repeatedly, a call was made, and it was left at that. if this tuner was so incompetant, why wasn't another contacted? like i said, you may look no further then the closest mirror.
Brocks megaphone
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Old 03-04-2007, 02:50 PM
OG MUDBONE 240sx

time to start learning a little about tuning. i like to be able to know whats goin on with my tune. you probably want to get some more tuning tools like a wideband