War Stories Fictional Stories about your "Track" conquests ;-)

kills for the night

Old 05-17-2005, 07:19 PM
dead and buried

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kills for the night

whats up all? didnt get to make it out to the tr meet tonite but on the way home i had a couple run ins with a tiburon and a slk compressor (i think). 1st run "at the track" was against the tib. i was weaving thru the "slalom" when i notice him trying to get along side me. i let off a bit to see if he actually wanted to run or just in a hurry and as he gets up next to me he lays even so i figure he wants to run. it looked relatively stock so i kept it in 4th. and for you funny guys, it looked really stock, not TAMPA stock. i throttled and let off a few times and punched it just to mess around and quickly put about a car and a half on him and let off because i was about to come to my 1st turn on the course and as he drives by he gives me the thumbs up next i come up to a red light and as i wait for the tree to go green i look to my side and see and old car directly to my left in the middle lane (like an old caprice or some junk), and the benz to his left. i didnt think anything of it so i just casually take off on the green. i notice the benz get caught bhind a truck so i knew at this point that even if he wanted to run he was stuck when all of a sudden i do a double take and hes right there next to me so i was like woo and i try easing up a little and he eases up with me so i let off a notch and he keeps right beside me so i knew it was on. i look over and he gives me the nod so i shift and hit it. i get just about a car on him and he starts to hold his spot bhind me at that point but couldnt reel me in. as i reach my "Tvtec" im thinking "i got him now, time to open the gap some more" and a car pulls out on the road ahead so im like so we shut down. he ends up turning a few lights down but waves me off so all in all it was a good night. if you cats are out there, good runs!
Old 05-18-2005, 03:23 AM
dead and buried

Originally Posted by fadedSTi
good kill

when do i get a run against the GTS?
ill try to make it out this weekend so we can get our runs in. i owe a few other people some runs as well. but keep in mind im still not tuned. just having fun with what i have so far. that why i have to run stock cars it breaks up really bad when i go into lift, toyotas vtec. but at this point i have no idea when im going to be able to get a tune done so i figure, what the hay, i just want to get out there already. so if i lose, ill be on the lookout for a rematch after the tune.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:54 AM
dead and buried

how much longer before you are tuned? ive made a good amount of changes since we lat talked
good question but i honestly dont think it will be any time soon. last i heard, glen from hybrid performance still didnt have his dyno back in the ground yet. and to top it all off, i've been kinda short in the cash dept lately. im just glad my car is running and not up and down all the time some some people who shall remain nameless but i'll still get a few runs in. no biggie if i lose. hopefully i'll get it back to 100% in a few months then we can run again. i ran my friend john in his sti a few weeks back and he has some upgrades including the ecutec and i jumped on him and held on till it started breaking up but he couldnt reel me in completely. so hopefully you wont completely beat me to shit. but either way, once its back up to par we can go again. its all for shits and giggles anyway.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:24 AM

good kills, good luck on getting the tune soon. it sucks racing knowing ur not 100%
Old 05-18-2005, 09:21 AM
dead and buried

let me know man. i always read your stories about being on the veterans. i take the veterans everyday and live right near it off of memorial. we can meet up and do something one night
i dont run on the veterans, i run on the vets track jfwy. i'll hit you up or maybe we'll catch up at sonic on sat. hopefully i'll be there with my "peeps" if they dont forget me this time. then we can shoot the shit and get some runs in.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:27 AM
dead and buried

Originally Posted by 04evo2
good kills, good luck on getting the tune soon. it sucks racing knowing ur not 100%
you're telling me! until someone decides to give me some money, i'll have to deal for now. im pinching pennies for a while. but its better than running on foot, i always say.