War Stories Fictional Stories about your "Track" conquests ;-)

Cobras

Old 10-19-2003, 10:55 AM
Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobras

Man was it good to be back last night! Though it would have been more fun if I had more than 2 hours sleep in the last 24 hours, cuz I just couldn't stay. Even went out trolling with the bottle CLOSED, and that doesnt happen when I go to the corner store even.

Both runs not set up, but still fun, as i am learning this new gear combo still. A black mid nightys Cobra pulls up and gives a re while I am just cruisn mindin my own bidness, so even with out my lil blue freind I grinned and nodded and we went from i think about a 50mph roll. I was in 2nd and when the bright light said it's finally time to shift to 3rd it was over, but I only had a couple cars on him. Nice guy--never seen him before, and we exchanged thumbs up and pulled into a local pit stop to see why I had no bottle pressure. Do'H! Bottle was closed--note to self: SLEEP DUMBASS!

2nd run was over a longer stretch of track with a TR guy here, if he wants to chime in, thats great, but I won't name names. It was nothing set, but it the time was just right and there was a lot of open track...and a video camera... heheh. so WTf, why not. I arm both stages, cuz I know this car is pretty stout, and I am not sure how mine will react with the new gears, and not even running for the last 5 weeks. 1st gear about 30 ish...I hear him nail it and then so do I--WHOA no traction!! But we are pretty even, maybe I am a lil ahead. When I run out of 1st gear traction isssue is solved and I start to pull ahead, stage two comes in and it's over. Fun run and a great guy, with a gorgeouse car.

Should have been another run, with a certain red Supra but I just couldn't hang. Got the call about 130am on my way home, and had to decline being completly exhausted. We have each others #'s so it will happen, hopefully this coming weekend, as I am really looking forward to seeing how this new gear ratio will react to a high speed high roll run.
Met some new peeps from here and got to see some guy's I havent seen in weeks, so it was a damn fine evening.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:05 AM
Emeritus

Edit--I just saw the Video--and I gotta tell ya, the passengers comments are funny as hell!!--but he was a half car out on me while I was shedding drag radials like no tomorrow.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:20 AM

video?

i wanna see it

btw, good kills
Old 10-19-2003, 11:22 AM
LT1's are slow!

Good kill!

Salt flats next?

1996 Corvette CE coupe LT1/A4
Mostly stock
1998 Camaro
Z28 badges and dual exhaust tips
Old 10-19-2003, 12:57 PM

Hi Im the guy with red supra.It was nice meeting you.I know whats its like when you have no sleep.
Maybe if all goes well we can do some testing this coming weekend.
Your car is very nice and runs great.I really hope I can give you a good run. Take care
Old 10-19-2003, 01:09 PM
Emeritus

Hey bud, it was good to meet you, and I am sure it will be a good run. I have only ran 1 Supra before (Chris') so I am really looking forward to seeing how mine stacks up to one.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:14 PM
I have fuzzy eyebrows

Nice kills....what kind of car was the second one?

if it's cheap & reliable, it ain't fast, if it's fast & cheap, it ain't reliable, if it's fast & reliable, it ain't cheap
Old 10-19-2003, 02:32 PM
"Dont let your Meat-loaf"

Originally posted by 93supra
Hi Im the guy with red supra.It was nice meeting you.I know whats its like when you have no sleep.
Maybe if all goes well we can do some testing this coming weekend.
Your car is very nice and runs great.I really hope I can give you a good run. Take care
Hey man it was a real pleasure hanging out w/ you guys last night, I have lots of respect. had lots of fun and some great runs. cant wait to get my fuel issue straight , as soon as i do I wouldnt mind going at it again! If you hear of any gatherings within the week just let ne know?
take care,
~Baron