War Stories Fictional Stories about your "Track" conquests ;-)

...since i've been gone

Old 08-19-2003, 07:13 PM
All Aboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ...since i've been gone

well, i realize nobody has missed me...but i miss the tampa bay area badly...and you'll see why in a minute.

i drove home last weekend...from atlanta straight through to connecticut...like 1000 miles etc...w/ 300+ lbs of wheels, tires and my clothes plus my toolbox.

i didn't see a single fast car until i reached i84 in new york...heading into connecticut and to my delight i see a 2000+ porsche 911 turbo 4s. it looked to be stock and when i came up next to the driver...i gave him a thumbsup and he gunned it...so i kinda followed him up to about 100mph. he looks over...motions with his hand like i'm spraying...and i shake my head and yell its all motor. so we go again, this time slightly more organized and its from 60-120 or so...and we are neck and neck...

he looks over...kinda laughs and then guns it again...from about the same speed and basically the same results...we exchange thumbsups and he went south on route 8...i went north.

so tonight...i'm kinda bored and decide to check out a smaller city called torrington ct. a few kids i know are supposed to show up and there is a "10 second dodge" that usually heads out to the location. well...i get there before anyone so i'm just waiting around...until a kid i know shows up with an 04 subaru sti. he's 17 years old...has had several vehicles...crashed them etc and this will be the latest he crashes...

i ask him if he wants to run...and he's like ok so we get onto a highway (route 8, not like it matters) and proceed to go 3 times. the first was from a 40mph roll and up to 125-130mph we were neck and neck...although i didn't shift as well as i could have and he got the hit. so we turn around...come south on the highway and go twice from a 20mph roll again. this time...i pull on him in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear and by the time its over i have 4 cars on him up to 120mph or so. admittedly...he doens't drive as well as others and from a roll these cars are not that fast...but still amazing cars nonetheless.

so we roll back into the spot...and like 10 cars have showed up along with 4-5 bikers. keep in mind, this is a regular grocery store parking lot and people are spinning their tires, the bikers are riding wheelies around...etc...basically chaos if you were to be in tampa...but somehow the police never showed up.

anyway, this kid with a neon comes up and says "lets run from a stop, honda's suck, i'll smoke you." like ten other kids come up...and are like...we'll put money on it...etc...etc. i was almost intimidated to be honest...as i'm thinking this stock looking neon with nitto drag radials must have something...as him and like 20 ricer friends are all there asking me to run from a dig, in the middle of this road where there seems to be traffic...etc...

i decline...at this point while everyone says honda's suck and are the most unreliable vehicles ever...which was fine with me.

so then i see an older (turned out to be a 1986 dodge charger shelby) with 16 inch ricer chrome wheels on it. i ask a kid i know if this is the "10 second dodge" and he's like...yup...thats the kid. so i go over to him...and i'm like we can run from a roll if you want. he starts to laugh, says you have that honda over there right? i'm like yeah...win or lose i'd rather run you than the piece of shit neon...so he's like ok...

well i'm going back to my car...and all of a sudden people start piling into his car. turns out, 6 people get into this charger and i'm thinking this is ridiculous...either this car is fast as hell or i'm an idiot for being here in the first place. well...we get on the highway...and as he said when we left...gave me the hit at 20mph. i didn't get on it immediately, although i did get on it hard and pulled like 2 car lengths...and continued to pull a little until he hit 3rd or 4th gear and proceeded to catch me...and pull like 3 car lengths up to 130 mph.

one of the 6 passengers then gives me a thumbsdown (which i expected) and we return to the same spot. i talked to him and he seemed like a decent guy...said the car made around 400whp on 23psi with mostly stock internals...etc...which was impressive if he was telling me the truth.

so the kid with the neon comes back up to me...and says "so you want your second loss of the night." at this point...i'm just interested in going home as its like amateur hour...

i did end up running the neon (as embarrassed as i am to admit this) only because he guaranteed he'd beat me and said all honda's suck...which kinda made me laugh..

anyway, this is the shit i have to deal with while i'm home...i wish some of you guys could come up here and run these guys...as my car is so slow compared to most down there.

Last edited by chet; 08-19-2003 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:21 PM
refinish artist

nice way to hang in there

RIP Chester P.Anderson Jr.9/23/05 I love you dad,and miss you very much.

RIP Kevin"Slo SI" 9/13/06,we will miss you homie,time heals wounds but you will never be forgotten
Old 08-19-2003, 07:43 PM
All Aboard

and for those wondering...the sti is running 14.5lbs of boost...as it has over 700 miles on it now...its otherwise bone stock.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:03 PM
blah

So did the Neon beat you?
Old 08-20-2003, 03:46 AM
All Aboard

fuck no, it was a stock neon...i put 3 cars on him from a stop through the 1/8 mile...
Old 08-20-2003, 04:53 AM

Sounds like a nightmare up there. Good kill, it would have sucked to lose to a Neon.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:03 AM

Kids like that almost make it worth going to jail for beating them to death.

I drive way too fast to worry about cancer!!!

I eat Omni GLH-S's for breakfast!!!

Your fish smells like pussy!!!
Old 08-20-2003, 11:10 AM
just blaze...

Those are some good runs...

Old 08-20-2003, 11:21 AM
All Aboard

billy, they run 7lbs up to 700 miles....as a precautionary measure.

i realize 14lbs is stock boost past 700 miles...