VW/Audi/Porsche Tech This is where all the hot bitches hang out.

Need someone with vagcom to check out my car and do a tuneup

Old 05-25-2012, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need someone with vagcom to check out my car and do a tuneup

I have a 97 Audi A4 B5. The guy I bought it from interchanged the 2 wires that connect to maf, started the car, car ran funny I guess and he realized that he had the wires backwards, so he corrected the wiring going to maf, now the car idles around 1100 and jumps upto 1600 rpm when sitting at a light (also when pressing clutch to shift, the motor jumps to about 1600 rpm untill gear change), car drives fine once in gear.

Few months later, engine waterlocked, Mechanic replaced the motor, still same issues so im assuming that rules out vacuum leaks

After motor swap I purchased the car

So I replaced the maf, disconnected the battery for about 5 mins and reconnected, car still idles jumpy most of the time (Sometimes at night the car will run fine, when I press clutch to shift, the rpms drop like they should etc, and doesnt jump when idleing). After reading online, alot of people are advising towards getting car vagcom so you can reset the way the car drives, reset the throttle electronics, idle, and ecu, then reprogram electronics (power windows is all, from what I hear)

Anyway...so im looking for a tech or mechanic that is experienced with audis (a4, b5, 2.8 quattro) to take a look at my car for diagnosis. please call or txt 8134106014 (im in St pete) for any recommendations or if you have the tools to diagnose the car. Thanks