VW/Audi/Porsche Tech This is where all the hot bitches hang out.

SR20 mk3 gti

Old 12-14-2010, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b13sentrase-r
. What are you lookin for cash wise just out of curiousity?
I'm not the owner dude, i just brought it over from another forum.
i wont 'till you fuck it.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:00 PM
picked last in gym class

Originally Posted by G-Magoo
elaborate....
ok,that car is fucking gay.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:01 PM
picked last in gym class

gay.

The word gay, in addition to being used to mean "homosexual" or "carefree", is often now used to mean "lame" or "rubbish" amongst young people as a general term of disparagement.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:24 AM
Vw Street King..

Default serious

Originally Posted by elscruffalo
i had to say something on this dumb ass hating comment, THAT FUCKING CAR / project / swap is INSANE i gotta give credit even if its a Nissan motor in a dub, should of schooled your buddy and convinced him to do a audi 5 cyl, more power more reliable... thumbs up to original owner tho....

813-516-5640

oem repairs/tune ups,/new and used parts /motor builds oem and performance/ diagnostics/ wiring,fab work..(welding) custom exhaust systems/ swaps../sand blasting, complete cylinder head rebuilds oem and performance./ port n polishing / .powder coating,
plasti dipping
Old 12-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Vw Street King..

forgot to mention,jetta head i dont think thats your buddy or you mistaken the type of vw, thats not a gti if your a real vdubber you would know this....take a closer look people...

813-516-5640

oem repairs/tune ups,/new and used parts /motor builds oem and performance/ diagnostics/ wiring,fab work..(welding) custom exhaust systems/ swaps../sand blasting, complete cylinder head rebuilds oem and performance./ port n polishing / .powder coating,
plasti dipping

Last edited by Kastan1234; 12-15-2010 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:25 AM
July - Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by elscruffalo

yeah so gay, get your head out of your ass. gay why, cause its not a vw motor? or that its RWD?
Build thread
Old 12-15-2010, 06:55 AM
picked last in gym class

yeah so gay, get your head out of your ass. gay why, cause its not a vw motor? or that its RWD?
sure both those reasons are pretty good.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:09 AM
picked last in gym class

putting a motor in a car its not supposed to be in is and will always be a popular thing to do but after a certain point it honestly just gets stupid. for example taking a sr20det from a rwd nissan, bolt on some power adders then hack apart the complete opposite of a rwd car then custom make EVERYTHING so it fits "correctly". End result being a car that probably handles worse than say a 240sx with the same sr or an mk3 with a proper drivetrain set up yet im quite sure was more costly and time consuming to build but hey is unique wooptifuckindoo.

Im sure the fabrication is amazing and shit but the idea is pretty retarded. plus it has diamond plate and eyelids....shits gay
Old 12-15-2010, 08:09 AM
July - Ride of the Month

There are too many unknown variables for you to be so confident in your answer. Not to mention the SR20 w/ trans weighs around 450lbs, with alot of that weight moved behind the front axle. A VR6 with trans weighs about the same, but all of that weight is over the front axle. Id say weight distribution is in the favor of the SR20.

Also the factory mk3 has a macpherson strut front end and a solid rear beam. To do this swap they needed to use the 240 rear end and convert it to IRS, which has way more tuning potential then a solid rear beam with no adjustment. It might not be up to par with a 240 but I bet you its a more able platform now than it previously was. Oh and I cant forget that the car is now RWD, which allows traction to be had. Try putting 300+whp through the front wheels of any car and tell me how much traction you have in the first couple gears.

Dont be so closeminded. VW isnt the end all, be all.
Build thread
Old 12-15-2010, 05:18 PM
picked last in gym class

There are too many unknown variables for you to be so confident in your answer. Not to mention the SR20 w/ trans weighs around 450lbs, with alot of that weight moved behind the front axle. A VR6 with trans weighs about the same, but all of that weight is over the front axle. Id say weight distribution is in the favor of the SR20.

Also the factory mk3 has a macpherson strut front end and a solid rear beam. To do this swap they needed to use the 240 rear end and convert it to IRS, which has way more tuning potential then a solid rear beam with no adjustment. It might not be up to par with a 240 but I bet you its a more able platform now than it previously was. Oh and I cant forget that the car is now RWD, which allows traction to be had. Try putting 300+whp through the front wheels of any car and tell me how much traction you have in the first couple gears.

Dont be so closeminded. VW isnt the end all, be all.
too much work for sub-par performance. in my opinion(not that it matters anyways) that thing shouldn't exist. i hope the guy building it gets hand cancer so i dont have to see it drive. ever.

i dont own a vw.