VW/Audi/Porsche Tech This is where all the hot bitches hang out.

scirocco build advice

Old 08-28-2009, 07:50 AM
hellafail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scirocco build advice

ok if you may remember there was that blue scirocco fs on here a while ago and im the one who bought it. but right now im kinda stumped on what to do with the motor for it. it came with the stock rebuilt 8v and i have the tranny disassembled but im debating on wither to just use that motor and maby boost it. or try and find a 16v t to put in it or the vr im working on. but the problem with the vr is i have either find a mk2 or mk3 subframe to put in or make one from scratch. kinda stumped on what i want to do cause im not the wealthiest person in the world but its not like i need it done tomorrow cause i already have a mk3 2.0 for the daily. what does everyone else think i should do?
Old 08-28-2009, 10:05 AM

do the 8v for now and keep the car reliable as well and you can work the vr on the side, because either way that scirocco is nice and there fun cars to drive just keep the fresh 8v in there and ride out and do wheels and that such until you have funds to go crazy with it
Old 08-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Lead Farmer

is it going to be a track car or a DD? figure out your goals first, not put in a motor, build one, swap it, and if it ends of failing you put the old one back in, then you end up with parts left over that you dont need/want. build the car ONCE. and do it right the first time.

p.s. boosting a 1.8 8v is not worth the amount of money you will spend.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:45 PM
picked last in gym class

put it back together and sell it for 10 times more than you bought it or then trade for something cool(like a complete vr6/6 speed swap or a ef hatch) lol call me i shall inform you young one. (p.s. skateboarding?)
Old 08-29-2009, 07:29 AM
hellafail

Originally Posted by Ether811
is it going to be a track car or a DD? figure out your goals first, not put in a motor, build one, swap it, and if it ends of failing you put the old one back in, then you end up with parts left over that you dont need/want. build the car ONCE. and do it right the first time.

p.s. boosting a 1.8 8v is not worth the amount of money you will spend.
its going to be a track/daily.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:31 AM
hellafail

Originally Posted by elscruffalo
put it back together and sell it for 10 times more than you bought it or then trade for something cool(like a complete vr6/6 speed swap or a ef hatch) lol call me i shall inform you young one. (p.s. skateboarding?)
then give me the money for a tranny/ suspension/ new dash/ etc. and no on skateboarding im still hurting from the 6ft drop onto my ass.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Lead Farmer

autocross i presume?
Old 08-30-2009, 05:24 PM
picked last in gym class

rwd conversion with a V8 swap. we'll weld up a wheelie bar or you could just do back flips. lol. maybe a parachute? it'll be sweet. you have enough V8s lying around. lets use one.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:28 PM
hellafail

ya trying to do an autocross or make it awd and rally it. and im not puting a 700 all motor v8 in the scirocco. to heavy
Old 08-31-2009, 07:24 AM
dabeetereater

id put a vr in it its actually not hard, and u will get the most bang for the buck,
the easiest way is to make sure you get a late model block that has mk4 mounting holes in it get some stock mk4 mounts and drop it in and make a dogbone mount,
or make up some mounts like that, some 16v axles and you are golden,
and trust me it wont handle as bad as everybody says just get some good suspension and u will be fine i loved my vr6 rabbit and im in the process of collecting parts for a vr rocco myself,
EuroRat #2+#3
"YEA THOUGH I ROLL THROUGH THE VALLEY OF THE SHADOW OF RICE, I WILL FEAR NO TURBO FOR DISPLACEMENT AND TORQUE ART WITH ME... MY RODS AND MY PISTONS THEY COMFORT ME.."

bought not broken!!!
member #2
"having a big turbo is like having a big dick; it's not immediately obvious to everyone, but you have to just rest assured that when it comes time to put it to use, you won't need to explain a whole lot afterwards"