VW/Audi/Porsche Tech This is where all the hot bitches hang out.

I keep thinking of getting rid of my vw.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:07 AM
Android Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I keep thinking of getting rid of my vw.

There is a lot of work that needs to be done and I have no money to do it. I owe way to much on it to sell it and I don't really want to. I love the MKIV and the VR6 is an amazing engine. I love the styling of these cars and I would like to be slammed eventually but I'm going to need a new clutch, timing chains, plugs, wires, coilpacks, serp belt, alternator and exhaust repaired or custom exhaust. Thats going to be a shitload of money and I would need to do the timing chains within the next 10k miles, and you have to pull the tranny for that so you might as well do the clutch, and since you have the chains off anyway might as well do a cam if I can get that much money. So I've got an idea to buy a cheap honda (cheap and reliable) although my budget would be 2000-2500 and a VW Cabby or add a grand for a cheap mkIV 2.0 and just drop the insurance on the VR6 and put it in the garage at my moms and just gradually do shit and learn to do it myself, but then insurance is fucking expensive still and I have my car payment.

What do you think? Save up and buy the parts, do everything myself and then pay someone to do the clutch, chains and guides or buy another car as a daily and learn more about my vw.

also there is a lot of body work to be done on my gti currently but I can hold off on that. As long as it works I don't care what it looks like, that can be fixed later.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Salad Tosser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How would you get rid if you owe too much to sell it??

Sounds like you have no choice but to keep it.