VW/Audi/Porsche Tech This is where all the hot bitches hang out.

I'm such a noob...

Old 06-25-2007, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm such a noob...

Hey guys I just recently sold my 240 and picked up an '01 Passat 1.8T as a nice comfy DD. I tried searching for a few minutes on 1st VW Parts.com for a certain piece I'm missing for my interior. I've got the sun visor that has the 3 garage door buttons built into it. Well the plastic piece fell off and got lost when I bought it so I'm having to use a pen to stick in the hole to get it to work. It's a huge PITA and I'd like to get that piece replaced, I just have no idea what to search/look for. I spent a few minutes trying to search and ended up with nothing. Can anyone point me in the right direction for what I'll need for the new cover piece and a place that won't bend me over price wise. My stepdad said he got quoted at $500 bucks to replace it because they just wanted to give him a whole new visor. Is there another way or am I screwed?

Thanks,
Mike

P.S. - I hate my halogens. Has anyone done a basic HID kit on the stock projectors? I'm concerned that it'll look like complete crap and have a bad cutoff.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This part is a common problem on passats... the part is not seperately available from vw. Contact homelink.. a friend of mine did and they sent him a new cover for free.
HomeLink; Home automation,Wireless control system, universal transceiver, RF control, Home security, smart home, vehicle to home, home automation, remote control lighting and home control