VW/Audi/Porsche Tech This is where all the hot bitches hang out.

Question about boost controlers!!

Old 01-16-2005, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about boost controlers!!

I was told that the VW's shouldn't use boost controlers is this true and if so then how do i control the boost after doing mods? Opinions please...
Old 01-16-2005, 02:15 PM
full color high res

i don't think you're NOT supposed to use them, its just easier using a chip with multi-settings such as apr and the like to make sure you get the right amount of fuel with the extra boost.

Old 01-16-2005, 07:36 PM

Thanks for th4e advise i just noticed a lot of other people with other types of cars use the Greddy one and just wondered what i should use for mine.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:19 PM
Ghetto, Like Josh Stevens

APR. They did a lot of demos for vwfixx last year. The people I knew he had demos loved the product and all of them got the apt chip.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:56 PM

anything runs a risk with a boost controller that doesn't supply proper duty cycles and fuel pressure. you can always play it safe and run rich as balls, but you will kill your performace and bust carbon for the rest of your life. apr and revo does some wonders from what i know. not sure, though. i don't know jack about the 20vt. i'm a 16v junkie that pushed cis-e to the wall and i'm using a homemade hondata ecu. run it rich and forget it.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:09 AM
5 Foot Fury

If you have an APR chip can't you also get a boost controller? Does APR work as a manual boost controller? Get an electronic boost controller if you get one, IMO. I also suggest you get a boost gauge if you're going to be running more than stock boost. I'm sure the only reason they say you "can't" use a boost controller is in case you're running more than stock boost you'll have fuel issues, etc, like stated above.