VW/Audi/Porsche Tech This is where all the hot bitches hang out.

1997 VW gti questions?

Old 01-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Aint Flakin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1997 VW gti questions?

hey just wondering what kind of 1/4 mile times this car would run?

If the car is a VR-6 or just the 2.0 just wondering what kinda of times it would run?

2 or 4 doors would that make a difference?

What kinda of upgrades would be great for my 1/4 times?

What do these car valve at?

I'm looking at the 1997 VW gti i don't know if it's a VR-6 or just the 2.0L or if it's two or four door

just wondering i haven't ever had a VW before i've been in hondas and acuras but looking for something different let me know what kinda guys we have going on in this forum or what not thanks alot people

Howard
Old 01-02-2005, 11:40 PM
full color high res

stock vr6's run low 15's on average. aftermarket support is growing rapidly. to have a vr6 in 97 it would have to be a jetta or a gti (2 doors). good luck if you pick the car up.

Old 01-03-2005, 04:08 PM

k first things first like mentions a stock vr will runs 15's and a stock 2L will probably run 17s probably low 17s now on to my thoughts if u are interested in 1/4 times a dub isnt the car for you!! before any numb nut says anything yes a vw can be made fast buttttttt for lots of money! and i mean fast 120+ trap speeds
these cars are meant to be all around cars style,handling,last forever(mine has 145k and its a 97), and just enough power to bring a smile to your face! but find out some more info on the car
Old 01-04-2005, 03:07 AM
PWN5 J00

Originally posted by ICUH8N
k first things first like mentions a stock vr will runs 15's and a stock 2L will probably run 17s probably low 17s now on to my thoughts if u are interested in 1/4 times a dub isnt the car for you!! before any numb nut says anything yes a vw can be made fast buttttttt for lots of money! and i mean fast 120+ trap speeds
these cars are meant to be all around cars style,handling,last forever(mine has 145k and its a 97), and just enough power to bring a smile to your face! but find out some more info on the car

I agree with that guy!!!!! I have a 96 GTI with 100,022 miles on it and the thing is a workhorse. It also looks good, handles great and can keep up with the rest of traffic. But if you are looking for a drag/daily driver I would not go VW. Mods cost out the ass...

- Mike
Old 01-06-2005, 06:45 AM
Salad Tosser

If you get a VW, do yourself a favor and get a VR. Great daily driver with plenty of potential down the road. Plus it sounds better than any jap car that I have ever heard.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Ghetto, Like Josh Stevens

Originally posted by BisquitMan
If you get a VW, do yourself a favor and get a VR. Great daily driver with plenty of potential down the road. Plus it sounds better than any jap car that I have ever heard.
+1
Old 01-06-2005, 02:54 PM

Originally posted by BisquitMan

dont listen to this guy get a 2L he was dumb enough to leave sunny fl. for boston?!!! in the middle of the winter

naw just kidding