The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

Have you ever driven on Snow?

Old 09-21-2005, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drft_wannabe
awesome. thats where i fly into. cus i hate flying into logan. do you go up there often?
nope. moved down here a bit over 1 year ago and haven't been up there yet, but flying into logan to stay in boston for about a week in december. hehe too bad i won't have a car, snow should be on the ground.

Old 09-22-2005, 04:49 AM
*Big Schpellar*

driving back to Portland or in the begining of December. so should be fun to drive the rockies, montana, and some parts of Or. are really fun in the snow.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:24 AM

my balls itch.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:26 AM

I lived in Hampton for 20 years before i bought a house in dover NH and lived there until 2 months ago and moved to palm harbor. I will never go back. i hate the snow. fun to drive in yes but everything else sucks.

Originally Posted by martz0r
new hampshire.. manchester.. like 1 hour away from hampton beach.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:00 PM
noodles

I don't miss the snow one bit, especially after comparing the underside of my WRX which was there for 4 years to my friend's.

It gets boring after the 5th time out...
Old 09-22-2005, 05:19 PM

ahh fond memories of the only good use of cold and snow other than skiing. 34 years in the Buffalo NY was enough for me but man had alot of fun and learned alot of skills these florida drivers will never learn down here. First time I drove in a rain storm down here I was like why is everyone jamming on the brakes, in the rain when back home we all drove 65-70 on the highway with 6" of snow on the road lol
05 Premium GT, 5 speed, spoiler delete, I.U.P., Dark charcoal leather interior. Stone stock 14.1@101, DeMolet C.A.I. & SCT Xcal2 87 octane tune 13.70@103 w/ 4.10 gears 13.35@105
2003 SVT Cobra. Usual bolt on's 11.61@122
http:/momsracing.com/
Old 09-23-2005, 09:33 AM
well sh*t

Originally Posted by 10sec89
ahh fond memories of the only good use of cold and snow other than skiing. 34 years in the Buffalo NY was enough for me but man had alot of fun and learned alot of skills these florida drivers will never learn down here. First time I drove in a rain storm down here I was like why is everyone jamming on the brakes, in the rain when back home we all drove 65-70 on the highway with 6" of snow on the road lol

hahahahaha YES!! finally someone understands why i get so pissed in rain storms down here. if they ever drove in a blizzard they would be screwed. while people from the new england and just the whole north in general drive 10 over.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:44 AM
noodles

I found the opposite to be true in the 9 years I lived and commuted around Boston.

People in SUVs with horrific tires and brakes would do 10+ faster than safe in snow. Then wonder why they slammed into the rear of someone or ended up in a ditch. It's an SUV! I can fly! What, you mean it's super heavy, my model is 2WD, and I was supposed to have snow tires? But I live in the north and I bought an SUV!!!!

Those same people, with even a HINT of drizzle at 50+F temps, would act like it was the end of the world. Repeatedly. Saw it 50 times a year for 9 years straight. La la laaaa HOLY SHIT IT IS DRIZZLING = all movement on the interstate drops from 65 to 45.

I don't miss Masshole drivers, the traffic, the salt, the 2 hours it would take to drive 18 miles in snow traffic because of some fucknut crashing into someone after tailgating someone in a squall... nor the salt, nor the potholes.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:23 AM
well sh*t

Originally Posted by kickslop
I found the opposite to be true in the 9 years I lived and commuted around Boston.

People in SUVs with horrific tires and brakes would do 10+ faster than safe in snow. Then wonder why they slammed into the rear of someone or ended up in a ditch. It's an SUV! I can fly! What, you mean it's super heavy, my model is 2WD, and I was supposed to have snow tires? But I live in the north and I bought an SUV!!!!

Those same people, with even a HINT of drizzle at 50+F temps, would act like it was the end of the world. Repeatedly. Saw it 50 times a year for 9 years straight. La la laaaa HOLY SHIT IT IS DRIZZLING = all movement on the interstate drops from 65 to 45.

I don't miss Masshole drivers, the traffic, the salt, the 2 hours it would take to drive 18 miles in snow traffic because of some fucknut crashing into someone after tailgating someone in a squall... nor the salt, nor the potholes.
well i lived in north massachusetts, right on the border of new hampshire, and i had a light, front wheel drive car. i never once was in an accident and never lost control. i got my license 4 years ago so i dont have as much experience as you, but its enough to prove that im a good driver. now that im in florida, everytime it rains out i have to watch my ass to make sure no dumbass is sliding around cus he doesnt know how to properly drive in hazardous conditions.

and the driving conditions here suck aswell. extreme heat, roads that dont let water flow off of them, large areas of top layer pavement missing (got 2 flats cus of those). and there is always traffic everywhere because there is always some sort of roadwork being done. but yet i never see any improvement. im sure theres more problems, but i stay in the brandon area.

i just love seeing seasons, and enjoy driving in different condidtions. it keeps things interesting. im too thick blooded to be living in this type of climate.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by drft_wannabe
well i lived in north massachusetts, right on the border of new hampshire, and i had a light, front wheel drive car. i never once was in an accident and never lost control. i got my license 4 years ago so i dont have as much experience as you, but its enough to prove that im a good driver. now that im in florida, everytime it rains out i have to watch my ass to make sure no dumbass is sliding around cus he doesnt know how to properly drive in hazardous conditions.

and the driving conditions here suck aswell. extreme heat, roads that dont let water flow off of them, large areas of top layer pavement missing (got 2 flats cus of those). and there is always traffic everywhere because there is always some sort of roadwork being done. but yet i never see any improvement. im sure theres more problems, but i stay in the brandon area.

i just love seeing seasons, and enjoy driving in different condidtions. it keeps things interesting. im too thick blooded to be living in this type of climate.
i miss actually having seasons... all it is down here is a temperature change, all the trees stay the same, the grass stays green, what the fuck is this... my first christmas last year and it wasn't a white one!