The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

Just a bad ass full contact fighter

Old 07-27-2004, 09:58 AM
live...laugh...love

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i wouldn't say ,"the best i've ever seen" either but his not bad...i never really watched ring fighting that much but one sick b*tch that i remember is Dan "the beast" Severn or Savern. That guy was just an animal...looked like a lumberjack, reminded you of grizzly bears and what not...
Old 07-27-2004, 10:04 AM
live...laugh...love

well i wouldn't say ,"the best i've ever seen" either but his not bad...i never really watched ring fighting that much but one sick b*tch that i remember is Dan "the beast" Severn or Savern. That guy was just an animal...looked like a lumberjack, reminded you of grizzly bears and what not...
Old 07-27-2004, 10:09 AM
Got 20z

Originally posted by coBrA1Day
One mouse click will do

My other ride is your mom

"Women fake orgasms because they think we care"
Old 07-27-2004, 10:11 AM
4G63

he can grapple ok... he isnt the best of strikers. Id give him a B or B- .. He needs to work on his ground tactics and ground striking a bit. Submission holds are great only on those who dont know what to expect. He is fighting inexperienced fighters (ex-highschool wrestlers) There were more opportunities to use his elbows, and his knees with more effectiveness and he didnt take them. Hes not a bad fighter, he has a little growing to do, and more training...maybe he reach UFC someday, or PRIDE?
Old 07-27-2004, 08:29 PM
yep yep

He is more than just okay, he is really good. That video is two years old, he has since put on another 15 pounds (he now weighs 165). I weigh 223 pounds and its solid, I do all the shit your highschool teachers told you not to do to look like this. I outweigh him by a whole lot and I would never seriously challenge him. Jorge Gurgel grew up in Brazil doing th real deal jiu jitsu. He is 3rd degree black belt under American Top Team's Marcus Aurelio. He is also trained in american boxing, muay thai kickboxing, and other shit too. He is is fucking good, not the best in the world but damn good. Just enjoy the video, thats what its there for.

Last edited by Turbo C-Ya; 07-27-2004 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:32 PM
live...laugh...love

Originally posted by boostin97s-10
One mouse click will do
Old 07-28-2004, 11:43 AM
It's a wooden pickle.

Originally posted by DSMZEX
he can grapple ok... he isnt the best of strikers. Id give him a B or B- .. He needs to work on his ground tactics and ground striking a bit. Submission holds are great only on those who dont know what to expect. He is fighting inexperienced fighters (ex-highschool wrestlers) There were more opportunities to use his elbows, and his knees with more effectiveness and he didnt take them. Hes not a bad fighter, he has a little growing to do, and more training...maybe he reach UFC someday, or PRIDE?
+1 on that... the guys he was up against didn't really look like they were too comfortable in the ring... and he wasn't really striking effectively, looked like there wasn't any power behind what he was throwing at all... and all the turning kicks were basically wastes of energy (you could put a retarded twelve year old girl in the ring and she'd be able to block those... gotta throw that kind of stuff in combination), especially the kick where he landed on his ass (while having the presence of mind to grab the arm on the way down was fairly impressive, i gotta chalk up the win to more inexperience on the part of his opponent. any experienced opponent: one, wouldn't leave their arm hanging out there like that, and two, will make you pay and then some for a mistake like that) not trying to knock him or anything, because it looks like he's years ahead of me in the submission department, but he's got to have more than just an armbar to be truly great.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:48 PM
yep yep

There is nothing more amusing than listening to morons trying to analyze his technique when you guys have no idea whats going on. His punched lack power? Duh, he is lightweight. YOu want to see power punches watch boring heavy weight fights. Jorge uses speed. Armbars can't win fights? Are you retarded. Armbars win almost every fight I've seen, and I've seen alot.

Read what I wrote above, he is 3rd degree blackbelt in jiu jitsu, and is going to be in Miami soon to train Top Team for an upcoming fight. Also, he was a finalist for an MTV show about cage fights, but didnt make the cut. He is on cover of magazines, and is all up in Bad Breed's website.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:29 PM
It's a wooden pickle.

Originally posted by Turbo C-Ya
There is nothing more amusing than listening to morons trying to analyze his technique when you guys have no idea whats going on. His punched lack power? Duh, he is lightweight. YOu want to see power punches watch boring heavy weight fights. Jorge uses speed. Armbars can't win fights? Are you retarded. Armbars win almost every fight I've seen, and I've seen alot.

Read what I wrote above, he is 3rd degree blackbelt in jiu jitsu, and is going to be in Miami soon to train Top Team for an upcoming fight. Also, he was a finalist for an MTV show about cage fights, but didnt make the cut. He is on cover of magazines, and is all up in Bad Breed's website.
you're right... in all my 15 years of martial arts experience, i never picked up a single clue about fighting.

re read what i said: i never said armbars can't win fights. if that were true he wouldn't have won those three fights in that video. my point is, it seems like that's his only real weapon.

second of all, mass X velocity^2 = power... just cause you're light doesn't mean you can't hit hard... you just have to use what weight you have effectively. i'm no heavyweight at 190, but i can kick with the best of them. point is he's not getting his body into the shots, his punches are all arm, etc.

like i said in the original post, i'm not knocking him, got plenty of talent, and he is quick, he's just got some training to do before he's a bad ass.

EDIT: and before i forget, i could give 2 shits about ranks... all i'm going on is what i saw in that video. what counts is technique.

Last edited by Miles; 07-28-2004 at 01:31 PM.