The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

DSM on the dyno (blown headgasket)

Old 02-02-2004, 02:01 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm personally just going to avoid dynos, though if I absolutely had to I'd convert to fwd and head to secret services or something. I think there may be an AWD dyno in Miami.
I don't see why you can't run nitrous on a DSM as long as you tune it properly. He may have just been at the limit on boost before the nitrous. I personally want to run a 100 shot direct port setup- it would be my last mod, after I finish everything else on my planned basic evo III 16g setup.

The vid is down.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:50 PM

This is from a guy that was at the dyno and knows the owner.

"Welp, I went to the Rocky Mountain DSM HP competition at MAC autosports here in Parker Colorado on saturday, and witnessed some awsome Dyno Queens!.

Most notably was this Red 1st gen with a killer setup (you can see in the vid ). Although this guy spent so much money on his setup, he failed to build up his motor with a metal headgasket, and resorted to a POS felpro instead!

His car made 553whp just on boost (not sure exactly how much).

In the vid, his car does fine until he hits the 80 shot dirrect port setup...as you will see...

We also got it confirmed this morning that it was the headgasket...and also ITS A FUCKING FELPRO!.

FelPro = Paper...

Needless to say everyone (including me) closest to the car got sprayed with collant."

http://www.cicsalumni.com/scooter.WMV
* IP Web-Site

* RIP Kevin/Slo_Si RIP & Pablo/Fathead
Old 02-02-2004, 05:58 PM

Here's an engine shot before the dyno run
Old 02-02-2004, 06:01 PM

here is a shot after
Old 02-02-2004, 06:09 PM

the motor setup looks beautiful
Old 02-02-2004, 07:28 PM
The little 5.0 that could

Man, that's probably a helacious mess in that pretty engine compartment, that sucks.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:01 PM

link dont work
Old 02-02-2004, 08:17 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Ugh, a Felpro? There is debate on the metal/composite headgasket issue, but people that don't go metal are always advised to use mitsu oem head gaskets. If he'd used a mitsu gasket he might not have had the problem.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:31 PM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

Originally posted by ZirconiumX
And that makes sense how?
- Which part?

You think that DSM on the dyno was FWD?
- Ya

That was an AWD TSI there and its on a dyno, what is your point?
- How do you know it's AWD? You know the car personally?

and to be frank, that looked as if that was water going everywhere but its not very clear on if it is.Thats definatley not nitrous spewing about the place....
- Well I'll have to take your word on this because I have no experience with nitrous. It just looks like a line blew because of that red debri that flies out of the engine. I don't know, something tells me it's not a blown HG, but that's just me.

I noticed you quoted the awd / dyno thing I said. I don't know if you had a question about that, but in FL, I think there's only one AWD dyno at Mastro Subaru and they are running a great expensive monopoly. Mastro is hardly worth it to most AWD DSMs, law of demand.

In the AWD DSM community, I have never heard of someone dynoing at Mastro. They usually do one of the following:
1) Take it to the track, no need for dynos
2) Buy a G-tech
3) Do a little VC work and turn the car into a FWD and take it to a 2 wheel dyno
first off I see 2 sets of wheels spinning assmonk.Its on an AWD dyno which does not mean its and AWD car but why would the rear wheels spin?You dont take to much time to look around do ya?

And there will most likely be another AWD dyno off of 66th street at Extreme Motorsports in the near future. I know it was coolant and from lookin at that nice headgasket I know now for sure...
ITS AWD, IT WAS THE HEAD GASKET , and learn to quote someone moron...I can hardly distinquish wtf u got going on there...
Old 02-03-2004, 04:33 AM
The G-14 Classified

looks likehe had some nasty detonation goin on there t opop a gasket like that! (been there done that with my old maxima)