The TRuck Forum Trucks, Jeeps, bajeep!

to the diesel guys...

Old 04-11-2011, 07:21 AM
buildin' it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to the diesel guys...

would any of you guys consider running "home brewed" bio diesel?
Basically, processed veggie oil that is ready to pour in your fuel tank and go. You'd be able to mix it with "normal" diesel 20%, 50% 80% or even run 100% of it. You'd be able to switch back and forth if you wanted.
The way that it is processed allows you to get the same performance and the same MPG you are getting now, but at half the cost.
Diesel is over 4 bucks a gallon and they say it will only go up from here.
The bio diesel would be right at 2.50 a gallon.

I'm trying to gauge some interest before I start trying to produce a large volume of it.

For those interested, it would "technically" be "household furnace heating oil" strictly because it would make the cost per gallon sky rocket for a small operation such as myself to get the fuel certified and at that point, you, being the end user, don't really gain anything. Sure it is better for the environment, but if it costs the same, what's the incentive? So it would be a use at your own risk type of thing.
I'll be using it in my truck to offset fuel costs for my lawn business. I wouldn't be selling it until I have done extensive testing and perfected the process to get the same uniform results every time. So it isn't like you're rolling the dice with someone who got bored and wanted to play with chemicals.

Anyone have any interest in cutting fuel cost as much as in half while doing some good for the environment?
Old 05-08-2011, 04:47 PM
has his prioritys ef'd up

keep me posted about this.
2005 Excursion (Big Pig)
Old 05-08-2011, 08:24 PM
buildin' it

sure thing

currently.
we are in a bit of a holding pattern waiting on some legality issues to get worked out.
It wouldn't be a problem if I/we were just looking to use it for personal use, but selling to other people we want to make sure all of the i's are dotten and t's are crossed so it can't come back onto us if anything should happen.
I highly doubt there would ever be a problem considering we will be testing each batch through our personal vehicles along with lab/bench tests to maintain quality and consistency, but you know how people are. Don't know a friend to hook up a buddy who hooks up their cousin who then takes their truck to the mud bog and bows their engine and some how wants to blame our fuel