The TRuck Forum Trucks, Jeeps, bajeep!

Anyone see the new Raptor yet?

Old 11-19-2009, 11:24 AM
rotarolla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at the Houston auto show in Jan and drove the simulator they had there for this truck. It was insane at the travel this thing has for a truck. very nice truck and well thought out, but a lil high on price IMO
Old 11-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Mark G

Originally Posted by 03AcuraCLTypeS
its weird to see a ford product with SVT on it and in not mean straight up performance...and the price is a little much in my opinion.
all a lightning can do is go 'quick' in a straight line.

this will out perform it in so many ways that a truck should... your statement is a little ricer.

it is expensive though
Old 11-20-2009, 11:40 AM
P.I.M.P

ummm did i say i was talking about a lightning? ever hear of a SVT (cobra) mustang?

SVT doesn't just mean a lightning..and whos to say what a truck "should" do...it all depends on the type of truck and what its built for..these two trucks are in completely different classes and really can't be compared to one another.. i was just commenting that in the history of the Special Vehicles Team it has always been about horsepower and more speed than the regular counterpart.

so i really dont see where my original statement is ricer at all and last i checked a 13 second truck with a supercharged V8 is far from ricer.

IT'S COMING!
Old 11-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Banned

ummm did i say i was talking about a lightning? ever hear of a SVT (cobra) mustang?

SVT doesn't just mean a lightning..and whos to say what a truck "should" do...it all depends on the type of truck and what its built for..these two trucks are in completely different classes and really can't be compared to one another.. i was just commenting that in the history of the Special Vehicles Team it has always been about horsepower and more speed than the regular counterpart.

so i really dont see where my original statement is ricer at all and last i checked a 13 second truck with a supercharged V8 is far from ricer.

Then explain the SVT Contour and Focus
Old 11-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Mark G

Yeah and we're on the TRuck section so I was comparing apples to apples
Old 11-21-2009, 03:46 AM
previously SLOWBOOST

your not to quick are you. that truck is made for performance, just not on the street dumbshit. and since this is the first real production offroad vehicle from svt they have to start somewhere......and like graves said svt contour/focus? straight up performance right there.

FOR A WOUNDED MAN SHALL SAY TO HIS ASSAILANT
'IF I LIVE, I WILL KILL YOU. IF I DIE, YOU ARE FORGIVEN'
SUCH IS THE RULE OF HONOUR.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:44 PM
is breaking shit

Test drove one today in Tn... the bitch is bad ass. i wish i had the money.. this one had a 6.2....
I think I still take the "stupid owner" of the month award here.
RIP Tad.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:53 PM

nice but a bit expensive to be beating the crap out of...ill keep my $2k f-150 truck and not worry about getting a scratch or dent. i wish my 5.4 performed like that, guess after 207 k hard miles my 5.4 is a bit tired lol.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by IwinUlose
Test drove one today in Tn... the bitch is bad ass. i wish i had the money.. this one had a 6.2....

You test drove a 6.2????

“My advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard".