The TRuck Forum Trucks, Jeeps, bajeep!

Nitto Mud Grapplers..

Old 05-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Chairborne Ranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitto Mud Grapplers..

Just curious as to how long they last & how much noise they make. I'm looking at getting some for my truck just because I miss that loud hum that the Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radials I had on my tahoe made. I don't expect them to be as loud as those but would like something. lol Granted I won't be doing any offroading due to the chair lift on the bottom of my truck, just want to get the hum back & they are a bit cheaper than the M/T's.

Any info would be much appericated.

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by PoppaSmurf
well like i said in another thread, if charles hasn't pissed you off, or gotten on your nerves, it means ya didn't know him that good
Old 05-14-2007, 05:34 AM
...Your Mom

That's a pretty rough tire for not off-roading... to get the hum back and still save some money, I would suggest Pro-Comp All-Terrain's for a couple reasons:
  • first, they are rated as a "severe weather" tread and I personally think they handle incredible in bad road conditions (rain)
  • second, these tires have a 50,000 mile tread wear length; that's pretty impressive for an oversized off-road tire
  • third because they are significantly cheaper while still of great quality; I would hate to see you spend so much on a heavy duty off-raod tire and not be able to take full advantage of it
Yes, I guess I'm a little biased towards these because that's what I own, but to further the point those are the tires I plan on getting next, that shows that I'm just not bad-mouthing whatever you chose for preference of mine because I like those too, I just don't think they fit your application best.

Hope this helps, sorry it was so long...

Old 05-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Chairborne Ranger

Originally Posted by CanTheWhales
That's a pretty rough tire for not off-roading... to get the hum back and still save some money, I would suggest Pro-Comp All-Terrain's for a couple reasons:
  • first, they are rated as a "severe weather" tread and I personally think they handle incredible in bad road conditions (rain)
  • second, these tires have a 50,000 mile tread wear length; that's pretty impressive for an oversized off-road tire
  • third because they are significantly cheaper while still of great quality; I would hate to see you spend so much on a heavy duty off-raod tire and not be able to take full advantage of it
Yes, I guess I'm a little biased towards these because that's what I own, but to further the point those are the tires I plan on getting next, that shows that I'm just not bad-mouthing whatever you chose for preference of mine because I like those too, I just don't think they fit your application best.

Hope this helps, sorry it was so long...
No problem, and thanks. Those Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radials are great in the rain as well and handle really good for that kind of tire. They also last quite a while and are pretty good in the mud. I'd think with Baja in their name they would be best in the sand, but I think they did better in the mud.

well like i said in another thread, if charles hasn't pissed you off, or gotten on your nerves, it means ya didn't know him that good
Old 05-15-2007, 07:09 AM
...Your Mom

How big of a tire do you plan on getting for your new truck...?

Old 05-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Chairborne Ranger

Just some 35x12.50x20 I'm gonna get them on some large wheels so they will have a lower sidewall for handleing since I have no ab conrol now I can't lean into the turns cause I can't hold my balance to good.

I was told by the shop that did the modifications that they would fit and the most I would have to do would be trim the plastic on the bottom of the front bumper.

The tires on it now are 285/75/16(32.8x11.22)

For those of you who don't already know, it's an 03' 2500HD 2wd but has a 4" bodylift so they could cut the driver floor out and lower it. Hence the bottom of the doors being extended.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:10 PM

i have had the baja claws. they were a awsome tire for off road. i spent a fair amount of time in the mud with them too and they cleared the mudd with ease.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Chairborne Ranger

And the radials last quite a whlie. They were new when I got the tahoe and I put several thousand miles on them(both on & offroad) before my accident and my mom had been letting my little brother use her car so she started driving my tahoe from palm harbor to bayfront in St pete & back home every day for 7 months. Then drove it to do whatever she needed to do up until may 06' and they still had about the thickness of a credit card before touching the wear markers between the treads.

But yea, they are great for clearing mud. Here is the inside looking out view from the day pictured above:

Although my buddy chad(boosted z) did have to assist me in getting out of a few deep spots with his toyota. But it was put together to play in the mud only though. Had a live axle swap up front w/gears at both ends, larger tires and weighed quite a bit less than the tahoe did. It made it's way out to that spot on a trailer to play. lol