The TRuck Forum Trucks, Jeeps, bajeep!

Spray on bed liners.....

Old 03-21-2007, 05:42 PM
gone fishin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spray on bed liners.....

Looking at getting the F-250 (and possibly the TJ) the "Line-X" treatment.

Have any of you had any experience with spray on liners?

Is there a preferred brand?

What are the common pitfalls?

Thanks,
Cecil

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Thomas Sowell (American Writer and Economist, b.1930)
Old 03-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Lethal Fabrication.com

pitfalls: do it ur self spray and roll on kits, anything roll on sucks. I have done spray in on about 4 trucks myself "gator Guard" is what i use, if ur gonna load it up and drop things and have stuff slide around then I suggest Line-X by far.

I use the gator guard for trucks that dont get much use back there my s-10 which is tubbed and has a notch cover for my air suspension. And a few others, my step bros Titan which he is always throwing stuff in is pretty messed up.

Plus Line-x is also being tested/used as a a blast containment coating for buildings/walls. I seen on the news where they coated a cement block inside and out cinder(sp) block and droped it from atleast 30 feet up and it didnt break, with a simple application of line-X

Hope this helps- Mike

Lethal Fab
Old 03-21-2007, 06:15 PM
gone fishin

Originally Posted by killerMikeD
pitfalls: do it ur self spray and roll on kits, anything roll on sucks. I have done spray in on about 4 trucks myself "gator Guard" is what i use, if ur gonna load it up and drop things and have stuff slide around then I suggest Line-X by far.

I use the gator guard for trucks that dont get much use back there my s-10 which is tubbed and has a notch cover for my air suspension. And a few others, my step bros Titan which he is always throwing stuff in is pretty messed up.

Plus Line-x is also being tested/used as a a blast containment coating for buildings/walls. I seen on the news where they coated a cement block inside and out cinder(sp) block and droped it from atleast 30 feet up and it didnt break, with a simple application of line-X

Hope this helps- Mike
Leanin toward Line-X....

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Old 03-22-2007, 10:37 AM
AERODYNAMIC WHEN I FIGHT

lol rustket, paint that on with brush and add sand texturizor lol

Old 03-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Fir Na Tine

not tryin to steal your thread cecil..but im also looking for a place thats fairly cheap to do the inside of my TJ..Like around..$500?possibly?
wicked wheel 2
ebvp mod
s&b
5"magnaflow dump
custom 6position chip
05/07 grille
soon to come- djm 3/5kit, 20s or 22s

2010 Snapper Pro 36" z-turn
Kawi 19hp
45hrs
Old 03-22-2007, 11:48 AM
just mike.

Line-X is great, they have a empty can thats coated with it and they ask you to crush it. but it is a lil bit expensive.. a buddy of mine had his 6ft bed on his silverado cost $6xx ....
Old 03-22-2007, 05:14 PM
gone fishin

Originally Posted by CRXSiR
not tryin to steal your thread cecil..but im also looking for a place thats fairly cheap to do the inside of my TJ..Like around..$500?possibly?
Line-X of Bradenton has a arrangement with Suncaost Flatlanders (Jeep Club).
They told me between $450 for nthe SD, and $550 - $850 on the TJ, depending on what all you want done (roll-bar, fender wells, etc.).

Line-X of Brandon gave me a price of $800 for the TJ abd $500 for the SD.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:22 AM
Fir Na Tine

so do you have to be part of the club..?or just say you were refered..ive been asked to join the club..just havent done it...thanks cecil..ill check into them..!
wicked wheel 2
ebvp mod
s&b
5"magnaflow dump
custom 6position chip
05/07 grille
soon to come- djm 3/5kit, 20s or 22s

2010 Snapper Pro 36" z-turn
Kawi 19hp
45hrs
Old 03-23-2007, 09:04 AM

i got mine done in my ranger and it cost me 420...i love line x it makes it alot better than drop ins and any do it your self kit...plus you dont have to do the work...but thats me i dont feel like messing up the bed of my truck and then be stuck with it
line-x
and much more
Old 03-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Do It In The Dirt

Line-X really is better than the others, especially the do-it-yourself stuff. I work for a company engineering travel cases, we do some line-x covered stuff. A 3ft cube trunk costs us $150 to get done, its pricy, but if you want it to look good, its worth it.

My Rail Buggy