TR Shop Forums Interact with local shops here, submit customer testimonials, etc...!

Ls/vtec

Old 07-26-2010, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls/vtec

I've discussed my hp goals with members of teamintegra.net and the best solution other than turbo charging I think is the LS/V. Too many shops to email all of you. It's a 99 GS with 129k miles and I'd like to get this sucker rolling within a month or two. I'd just like to get price quotes for the FULL JOB. I don't want to build it because I don't have alternate transportation to get to and from work, and if I can't build it I obviously can't properly tune it.

A few notes:

-Would like to use the B16 head instead of B18C1 so I can use my same CAI.

-Not looking for huge hp, just 180whp, so ridiculous cams and pistons aren't necessary.

-I would like it to rev past 7k, obviously. Balancing the rotating assembly and strengthing key points I.E. forged rods/pistons, if necessary.

-I don't know what my ECU options are other than I need a VTEC ecu.

-car will be daily driven, with some spirited street driving, and obviously once I get something half decent, a little dragging. I'd rather reliable than the horsepower.

Thanks a ton in advance. I've been told to find a good shop, and the parts won't be far behind.