TR Shop Forums Interact with local shops here, submit customer testimonials, etc...!

Need someone to weld in an oil return bung

Old 04-19-2009, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need someone to weld in an oil return bung

I'm taking the oil pan off next weekend to put the bung in. It's a -10an steel weld bung, and naturally it's a steel pan as well. I don't have the equipment to do it myself and I'm not going to cheap out and jb-weld it. Anyone know someone who will do this next saturday afternoon?
Old 04-19-2009, 10:29 AM
Painter Extrodionaire

Call any weld/fab shop. Had mine done earlier this week at a local chopper/motocycle shop. Takes 15 mins and should not cost much. Have it TIG welded not MIG.

Working with 15+ years of Professional experience,PM me for Price Estimates & Location.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:08 PM
grand am guru

Originally Posted by oldschool98
Call any weld/fab shop. Had mine done earlier this week at a local chopper/motocycle shop. Takes 15 mins and should not cost much. Have it TIG welded not MIG.

No reason a MIG welder wouldn't work if they are using the right size wire, right gas, and have it adjusted properly. But sure, a TIG welder would be a little better and make a nicer looking weld.

But yeah, any welding shop could do it in a couple minutes and it will be cheap. Not sure if you'll be able to find one that will be open on the weekend though. I'd offer to do it for you myself but I don't have a TIG setup if that's what you want, and I won't be available saturday. I'll be showing at HIN.

My ride: 2000 Grand Am GT
Supercharged, dropped, RK sport kit, Baer brakes, riding on 17" forged centerlines.
Check my car domain page if ya have time.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2386767