TR Shop Forums Interact with local shops here, submit customer testimonials, etc...!

Need inspection/maintainence on ATS 2-way Clutchtype Rear diff for 240sx

Old 11-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Get off my lawn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Need inspection/maintainence on ATS 2-way Clutchtype Rear diff for 240sx

Hello,

As the title says. The wrong gear oil was put into my rear differential. I have an ATS 2-way clutch-type rear differential. I have had this diff for over 2 years now with no issues whatsoever. I have always ran 85-140 royal purple synthetic. We accidentally put 85-90 non-synthetic. I only put about 10 miles on it after the change before I realized what we had done. Apparently that was all it took for the damage to be done. The differential is now making loud whining noise under slight acceleration load only. Heavy load accelerating and any deceleration load does not cause any not normal noises. I have already flushed the diff with royal purple and re-filled correctly but the noise is still there.

I don't know enough about this differential to know what the problem is and/or how to fix it. I really hope it does not need to be replaced.

I need to find a shop/person that could take a look at the diff, or tell me what the problem may be. I can remove the pumpkin and deliver the diff if need be to someone that has experience in differential maintenance. I do not personally know anyone that works on differentials often enough that I would trust with it.

If anyone can help, please let me know. My toy is hurting and its bumming me out.

If you need to contact me, you can PM if you want, my response may be slow. I will keep an eye on this thread every few days as well. The best way to contact me would be by phone: 727-365-9841

I have money in hand to get this resolved.

Thanks all!

[xbox360]DETrimentS14[/xbox360]
Old 01-26-2009, 04:01 PM
M@

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump for the N8