Toyota/Lexus Tech Got an MR2? This is the place for you! Celicas, Camrys, and Supras too!

Cressida problems

Old 04-13-2009, 11:53 AM
01' Integra.. Slowness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cressida problems

Hi i am having a few problems with my 90' Cressida. First i have a oil leak somewhere in the front of the engine. I believe it is the front crank seal but im no expert. It also runs really rough and burns some oil when it sits for a while and then started. And last but not least there is a whining noise coming from the transmission area when idle but goes away at about 30mph. Im a truck driver so I drive this car about 2 times a week and I am home on most weekends, I just don’t have a lot of time to work on it. Is there a shop i can bring this to that won’t charge me just to look at it? I just want a quote so I can decide if it is worth fixing or just finding another car.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:27 AM
Free base cocaine

First off its a 7m so get used to shit leaking and burning. I would definitely change the fluid on the transmission as i doubt anyone has in 15 years. Or it could be the speedo cable I got some crazy ass noises from mine when its piss ass cold (like 32 degrees) I just tightened it. is it slipping in gears?
Old 04-15-2009, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by That One Guy
Hi i am having a few problems with my 90' Cressida. First i have a oil leak somewhere in the front of the engine. I believe it is the front crank seal but im no expert. It also runs really rough and burns some oil when it sits for a while and then started. And last but not least there is a whining noise coming from the transmission area when idle but goes away at about 30mph. Im a truck driver so I drive this car about 2 times a week and I am home on most weekends, I just don’t have a lot of time to work on it. Is there a shop i can bring this to that won’t charge me just to look at it? I just want a quote so I can decide if it is worth fixing or just finding another car.
Was wondering how the car was doing. The front of the engine leak may be back from the Cam seals which I replaced when I first got the car. I do not think it is the front main seal as I really just replaced it not 10k before you bought the car. Hit the front face of the engine with some brake parts cleaner to clear off the oil and then start the car. See if the oil is coming down from where the cams are.

The transmission was flushed when I first got the car, so about 4 years ago. You could check the fluid levels but I would assume fine. If I didn't drive the car for 1-2 weeks (ie vacation) I would get a whine until it warmed up but never looked into it as I only really ran into it a handful of times over my ownership. So are you saying it does not go away after it warms up?

By running rough do you mean will not hold an idle? I switched out the plastic from my 90k 7m motor on the intake etc, but I would bet that perhaps something may have shaken loose, ie vacuum leak. Just make sure the plastic and everything is tight and not leaking. LMK more about this running "rough stuff". Feel free to PM me or call me. I think you stil have my number.