Toyota/Lexus Tech Got an MR2? This is the place for you! Celicas, Camrys, and Supras too!

gts rear end lsd question

Old 07-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Version 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gts rear end lsd question

so if you dont know im slowingly working to prepare my 20v into ae86 swap, which will be artfully handled my mr durdan. anyway ive source most of the need parts (motor, gts tranny are at his shop) but i also pulled a gts rear end from the wrecked donor car. i just pulled it apart myself this weeked, clap on my back cus it was a feeling of accomplishment. two questions now, when assembled i thought i had an lsd but if so a weak one, now apart and axles and differentail are in great shape, im almost sure i do have a facotory lsd. i need to start upload pics (i take lots of them) but throught maybe you guys had imagines up or things to look for to decide when rear end is assembled if this actually an lsd? MORE important question the rear end assembly 9 everything without axles and differential is rough, who knows a good affordable sandblast shop in the area i could go to, hopefully remove the rust prepare for finish maybe even power coat there. please help a brother out, my harness is on the way i gave taylor a down payment so in theory a dope 20v 4ag will be running around soon
resond on this thread,pm me or if super info or other gts parts lying around and i have some ae86 suspension im switching would flip on the cheap holler at me my name is jeff 727.421.1311
Old 07-11-2007, 06:10 AM

theres 2 types of stock lsd's a small axle and a big axle,i had a lsd that was a gear type which worked perfect after i rebuilt.i used to take all my stuff to procoat to get sand blasted and powder coated.also wat kind of 20 valve are u putting in a black top or silver
Old 07-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Version 5

blacktop, i was at taylors today he looked at the diff sadly its open. i pulled it off a wrecked gts which also had the blacktop 20v im swapping. I finally found a harness and taylor said megasquirt was ordered. I just switched suspension set ups, from megan springs and kyb gr2's to kyb agx and swift 6/4 springs. ive only installed the back so far. its good to hear from another local 86er, what you running?