Toyota/Lexus Tech Got an MR2? This is the place for you! Celicas, Camrys, and Supras too!

Inspection for MR2 Spyder

Old 05-02-2007, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Inspection for MR2 Spyder

I have been looking at an MR2 Spyder in the Pinellas Park area to purchase. The car has a rebuilt title and I would like to get it inspected for frame damage. It is going to be built as a race car so reselling it is very little concern to me...especially since I might wreck anyways. But I would still like to get it thoroughly inspected from a reputable shop. Where is a recommended place? Would the toyota dealership be able to inspect it for me?

Here is the address of the place where the car is located so you guys could give me close locations to inspect it.

9198 66th St pinellas park
9198 66th St pinellas park - Google Maps
Old 05-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Feel teh rally bishes!

LOL is this the car??
Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

I was looking at that one online. Pretty cheap price for the milage. I think its pretty sketchy also for the fact they don't list the vin so you can get a car fax. If you're building a race car I wouldn't get it. You would probably want a frame that is 100% straight before you dump tons of money in performance on it. Good luck.

1992 GTS 3sgte from hell! // 1990 GT liftback Stock 3sgte
Old 05-03-2007, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by christo4_99
yea,make sure you destroy something expensive rather than something cheap...i recommend you get a good bodyman to look at it...
I already knew I need to get a body shop to look at it! I am looking for recommendations on an actual shop to look at it. The place is a little shady though. There was a 12 year russian kid hustling me. They have several MR2's for sale. Some are already sold. There is a black one but it has major frame damage. There is a blue one that I am not sure about and I would like it to get looked at by a pro. Can someone recommend me an actual shop and not recommend me something that I already knew!

Last edited by pcbootleger; 05-03-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:53 PM

For future reference for anyone else, there is a Toyota dealership off US-19 called Autoway Toyota. They will do a general inspection for 94.95.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:43 PM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

That car has been on there for monthes...I know because I was looking at them here and there before and after my Miata purchase. I drove one of those and they are better cars...but its also 10 years newer so it better be lol

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 08-26-2007, 06:24 PM

Default mr2

Originally Posted by pcbootleger
I have been looking at an MR2 Spyder in the Pinellas Park area to purchase. The car has a rebuilt title and I would like to get it inspected for frame damage. It is going to be built as a race car so reselling it is very little concern to me...especially since I might wreck anyways. But I would still like to get it thoroughly inspected from a reputable shop. Where is a recommended place? Would the toyota dealership be able to inspect it for me?

Here is the address of the place where the car is located so you guys could give me close locations to inspect it.

9198 66th St pinellas park
9198 66th St pinellas park - Google Maps

r u interested in selling the motor to your mr2. if you are please give me a call at 813-270-9399