Toyota/Lexus Tech Got an MR2? This is the place for you! Celicas, Camrys, and Supras too!

quick ???

Old 12-17-2005, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick ???

hey guy i have a quick ????...it may be a stupid ??? but im not sure..... ok, when pullin a 93 mr2 motor do u pull it outta the top, or drop it form the bottom? i plan on pullin my motor but if i have to drop it from bottom, i dont think i can do it cause i odviously dont have a lift so i dont think its possible.... if u have any suggestions plz tell..... THANKS!!!
Old 12-17-2005, 02:22 PM
was "dbhmr2" had a mr2 t

buy a jack and 4 jack stands and drop it

its easier than it looks
Old 12-22-2005, 07:52 AM
"The girl with the MR2"

Yea, you need to drop it from the bottom...you dont know anyone with a lift? Infact, if your putting in a new motor you should pull it up from the bottom as well... i suggest find a person you know with a lift and give them some $.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:51 AM

You can do everthing from removing the wiing harness, ic, and what not from the top of the car(youll have jack it up a little to unplug everthig on the bottom side) that will save you time and space to prepare for the lift. You dont have to take out the tranny or anything like , but make sure you everthing unplugged from the wiring harness or it will snag and youll have more problems than you need. Ive pulled my motor two times and put back in the car by myself with jack stands cherry picker . It took me all night the first time, getting a lift is more than worth it if you dont have a nice garage to work out of.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:15 PM

yeah listen after doing this a few times ive found this method to be easiest...

disconnect all the wireing harness from THE CAR. jack car up (way up.... like rediculous high, this about it this way.... the engine has to fit on a dolly or something under the car to pull it out. keep the exhaust, crossmember, and suspension all connected to the engine, tranny and such axels brakes all of it.

then drop everything out in 1 big chunk. u might not need all that off the car, but its easier to pull parts off when it out of the car. this is how we do all out drops.... ive pulled mayubee 5 3s's

86.5 toyota supra- 1jz never to be finished
01 mitsu eclipse v6 5mt chick car daily
98 honda accord ex- h22 swapped daily driver