Toyota/Lexus Tech Got an MR2? This is the place for you! Celicas, Camrys, and Supras too!

how much are parts for supras

Old 12-06-2005, 01:01 PM
S.N.A.F.U.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much are parts for supras

just curious how they relate to prices for american sports cars.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:21 PM
RIP Kevin

www.suprastore.com
www.titanmotorsports.com
www.supraforums.com

That should get ya started. It's easy to make power = )
Old 12-06-2005, 02:30 PM
S.N.A.F.U.

thanks, wow, intercoolers are expensive as hell. and i saw a couple single turbo conversion kits. but how much can you actually get out of the stock turbos?

Last edited by 95firechicken; 12-06-2005 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:54 PM
RIP Kevin

you're probably looking at the HKS and Greddy intercoolers. There's TONS of intercooler options for WAY less. My set up is about 400 or so. email me or IM me if ya have any questions
Old 12-06-2005, 03:53 PM
S.N.A.F.U.

just looking around right now. i have always been intersted in these cars and love the look of them. it also seems like it is really easy to get power out of them. but how much does it take to get around 700 hp at the wheels with one of these. and also how come it seems like that no matter how much power you have in a supra you can only run 10's. is it becuase of the irs?
Old 12-06-2005, 06:51 PM
RIP Kevin

I just realized that you didn't mention what year Supra you were looking for
Old 12-06-2005, 11:21 PM
cinnamon flavored

chances are if he's looking at expensive shit and talking about stock twins then he's talking about an MKIV.

Parts can be expensive but some arent, really depends what parts youre looking for. Stock twin shit can be cheap and you asked what you can get out of them, full out BPU++++ 6spd car on 100 octane and 20+ psi should hit somewhere in the 450-490rwhp. The higher the power meaning better conditions, stronger car, good tune and maxed out. That whole description is just in general.

700rwhp or more......from a BONE stock car......to do it right and have all the proper supporting mods etc......that would generally take about $10k or more depending how far you wanna go. You can save some money and do it for less picking up certain parts used or piecing together your own turbo kit or piecing together your own fuel system. Granted it can all be done for less and have some stuff skimped on but to do it all right, takes a decent chunk of change. We're talking turbo kit, fuel system, gauges, misc electronics, some sort of piggy back setup or EMS for tuning, exhaust, intercooler, clutch(or built auto), etc....... you get the idea and yes its all needed as those are just the basics.

As for your question about high powered cars being stuck in 10s. Thats because a lot of the big power guys that should be going quicker and what not either...... have trouble 60 footing the car, or go out on the wrong tires, arent running full out, or the car just isnt setup correctly for that purpose.

The cars can easily run the times given they are setup properly, on the correct tire, and have a driver that can 60 foot the car and finish by banging the gears. The main issue with a 6spd is either the wrong tires or trying to figure out how to get the car to 60 foot. They can pull excellent 60 foots but can be VERY tricky to launch correctly.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:44 AM
S.N.A.F.U.

kirk: i didnt mean to come off thinking that 10's are slow by no means. sorry if i made it seem that way.

i am not actually looking at getting a supra yet, i just have always been curious about them and was wondering if i do what i might be getting myself into if i do.

twisted: thanks for the reply. i know what you mean about not being set up strickly for the track. about modsm i understand about doing it completley and not taking any short cuts. and thanks for all the info.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:23 PM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Originally Posted by 95firechicken
just curious how they relate to prices for american sports cars.
domestic is more expesive. but a 350 is the only engine ive ever seen anyone use cardboard from a beer case for a valve cover gasket. derka dur!