Toyota/Lexus Tech Got an MR2? This is the place for you! Celicas, Camrys, and Supras too!

mkiii tuneing my afc2

Old 11-06-2005, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mkiii tuneing my afc2

just got a new afc2 not sure what to set my th-point at? and anything i should now about obd1 and toying with closed loop low throttel settings i hear mk4 guys haveing problems with ecu adjusting its self to make up for low throttel tinkering makeing it a waste of time and even harming fuel maps across the board. will obd 1 do the same thing?
Old 11-06-2005, 11:22 PM
THE HAMMER

Really you just need to leave the thing alone until you can get to a dyno.. Just turn the damned thing off until you can get on one.

Each car is different, there is no "general rule" for tuning air fuel by hand. Just run stock boost and schedule an appointment.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:08 PM
yea sweet lemonade

yeah, what he said. mk3's love to blow head gaskets.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:59 PM

ya i guess its the safest thing to do. sucks to have it stareing at me all day long as i drive lol. i put a air fuel in yesterday but i know i cant go by its readings wich makes me feel like its there just for looks. i was on the highway tonight and couldent help my self and started playing with the afc. but ill take your advice and set it all back to zero before i leave in the morning. thanks
Old 11-08-2005, 02:32 PM
RIP Kevin

Tiny, think I met ya at the track meet a few weeks ago. It's Eli with the red mk3. Hope all is well with the car, but honestly leave the afc alone till you can get dyno time, and an air fuel gauge or egt would help tuning
Old 11-08-2005, 07:53 PM

hay eli ya im the same tiny. ya i got it all on zero. i have the air fuel in and my boys giving me a very nice egt. but i have heard some bad things about egts but im puting it in anyway. hay by the way what cylinder do i yous for proper install and whats a safe temp? dose the afc really make fuel mix rich once installed even though its set to zero? thanks for any info you can help with. you going to be out there on the 10th? oh ya i put in my new warlboro pump in to.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:06 AM
THE HAMMER

Dont even think for a second that a guage Air/Fuel in a pod is any good. It's been shown over and over that the Autometer and other narrowbands are completely useless when compared to wideband o2's on a dyno. Like I said before, stop playing around and go to a dyno. That Air fuel guage's price with install was all the money you needed to get your first hour of REAL dyno time. After which you wouldnt have to touch the SAFC again.

The only other REAL option is the AEM In-car-Wideband, but its about $600.... Still with a bit of innacuracies all its own.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:17 PM

easy there it will be ok. relax got a/f for free and im a tech and love to play with wires. took me all of 15 min to install. thanks for your help its not going un-noticed. once again thanks im listening.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:24 PM
THE HAMMER

Well i wont even THINK about opposing free and fun....