Toyota/Lexus Tech Got an MR2? This is the place for you! Celicas, Camrys, and Supras too!

ATT Bill. 22R Parts and Help. ASAP

Old 08-29-2005, 08:38 AM
Forever Broke Nissan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATT Bill. 22R Parts and Help. ASAP

The head gasket blew on my 87 22R this morning. Now what im trying to do is get all the necessary parts for the cheapest. I dont really know where to look though. only place i have looked is at LC Engineering and their OE stuff.

the prices ive found are
Head Gasket Set $106
Head Bolt Set $30
Single Row Timing chain kit $170
Thermostat $7
Water Pump $30

I was also looking at doing a tuneup as well, but do plug wires really cost $70 for this old ass truck? and a carb rebuild kit at $70?

And does anyone have a shop manual i can purchase?

Old 09-04-2005, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get the felpro full rebuild kit, its around 130 bucks at any advanced/autozone.
get an OEM water pump, everything else is crap, even LC. if you dont want to spend the extra 70 bucks or so to go with studs, the head bolts from LC are solid. get your timing kit from LC, but you better get metal backed timing chain guides, plastic just doesnt cut it. if you really want the timing set to last go to the double row from a pre84 22r or any 20r motor. all thats needed is to take a grinder to your timing cover for clearancing. and you better do your oil pump while youre at it. LC's pumps i highly recommend, should get you up to around 70 pounds. any 4 dollar thermo will do from any autoparts store. DO NOT attempt to rebuild an aisan carb. trust me, secondary valves, vaccum selanoids, and about 10 check balls is not something you want to mess with. 8 times out of 10 even a carb shop wont get it right. go with a weber dgv, or dgev if you cant find chokeless. and NGK plug wires are only 24 bucks there chief. contact cyberauto.com for most of these parts except the OEMs you need to get from a dealer. theyll even track these down from the melbourne dealership for a small fee. trust me ive built more of these motors than most guys ive met. any other questions just PM me. i know these motors. also, ground wires you need to redo, and dont use anything but an OEM toyota oil filter. same filter on 2rz, 3rz, and the v6 from the late eighties trucks. theyre only 5 bucks and they are the best.