Toyota/Lexus Tech Got an MR2? This is the place for you! Celicas, Camrys, and Supras too!

96-up Supra

Old 07-11-2005, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96-up Supra

Does anyone know where I could buy a turbo supra. I am looking to get one but I can't find one here in Arkansas. I will be in Florida in a couple of months so I thought I would ask on here. I would like the 6spd if at all possible. Thanks for all the help in advance!!

112 in a 65 = $385 ticket and 6 months of a suspended license. (not driving sucks!!!)
Old 07-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Rocket Scientist

Turbo Toys always has some. Click the link in my sig to see what he has.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:56 PM

ok thanks. I checked it out and he only has automatics.....I'm looking for a 6 speed. If anyone knows of one....let me know. Thanks

112 in a 65 = $385 ticket and 6 months of a suspended license. (not driving sucks!!!)
Old 07-11-2005, 09:30 PM

Friend of mine is selling a fully built Targa top MKIV. Its an auto, but is fully built from the tranny to the motor. Should be pushing about 575 on a conservative tune. Pm me for details, its getting tuned next week.

"On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him."
Buddha
Old 07-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Too Much is ALMOST Enough

if you want a 6spd, you dont want a 96, they are all autos. IMO, the nicest to get is a 98, but 97's are nice too. Really they are all the same except headlights and taillights changed in 97, other that they are all the same. Search www.supraforums.com classifieds. Supraforums is down right now, idk if it will be up when you get this.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:46 AM
Resident Dingo

the last place on earth i would look for supras is arkansas. I've lived there, believe me i know. Searcy, if you're wondering. Take Frankies advice and hit up the supraforums im sure you can find something around here you will like. Good luck w/ everything.

--brandon
Old 07-12-2005, 08:22 AM

Default supra

Originally Posted by White5Oh
the last place on earth i would look for supras is arkansas. I've lived there, believe me i know. Searcy, if you're wondering. Take Frankies advice and hit up the supraforums im sure you can find something around here you will like. Good luck w/ everything.

--brandon
The only reason I am even looking for a supra in arkansas is b/c I am here. I will look even harder when I move to Brandon. I just know that I want a 6spd. Is there a diff between the turboed and the MKIV supra? Sorry if this is a stupid question I am just trying to learn more about them. Thanks for all your help guys.

Old 07-12-2005, 08:59 AM
Single > Twins

my main concern would be, why 96 and up???

a 93 supra is just as good, sometimes even better as they are preliminarily more mod friendly, than a 98, all 6 speeds are turbo, and all 93-98 body style supras are called MKIV's or the JZA80, check supraforums classified, or you may even have luck in autotrader and just look for local listings in FL

TheSh0w50h: I am teh badass assed roll racer evar, I eat mkIV's for lunch.

Originally posted by JuicedSS262
No longer have the stomach for clubbing baby seals.

Those sad eye's got to me.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:14 AM

Default 96-up

Originally Posted by j30a1t
my main concern would be, why 96 and up???

a 93 supra is just as good, sometimes even better as they are preliminarily more mod friendly, than a 98, all 6 speeds are turbo, and all 93-98 body style supras are called MKIV's or the JZA80, check supraforums classified, or you may even have luck in autotrader and just look for local listings in FL

The main reason for the 96-up is so I am able to get a bank loan. I tried to get a $20k loan for a 94 and they would only allow me $17k b/c it was to old. So i figured if I got a 96-up I would be more likely to be able to get the full amount financed. Thanks for the info on the MKIV.

I have attempted supraforums several times today...but was unable to connect to their site. They are probably working on it. I have heard the turbo supra puts out about 320 hp stock. Is that true??

Old 07-12-2005, 10:42 AM
Too Much is ALMOST Enough

its rated 320hp/315tq stock but they do close to that at the wheels. with around $1000-$1500 in mods you can get it into the low 12's/high 11's on pump gas, if you hook up