Toyota/Lexus Tech Got an MR2? This is the place for you! Celicas, Camrys, and Supras too!

Fuel Cut Defenser

Old 06-02-2005, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Cut Defenser

hey i got a j&s fuel controller works the same as a Fuel Cut Defenser...i have a mitsubishi and i can't do anything with it, and i know u guys can use it. So....it's up for sale

PM me for any AC, audio, and wiring work on your vehicle. Including but not limited to car audio, alarms, gauge installs, custom clusters, full troubleshooting, big/dual fuel pump relay kits, battery relocation, factory radio iPod and amplifier integration, custom harnesses, and custom standalone ecu installs and much more! If you need it done, we can do it! Don't be afraid to inquire!
Old 06-02-2005, 12:20 PM
THE HAMMER

I'm assuming that these things are tailored for the application and thus wont fit any toyota vehicles....
Old 06-02-2005, 05:29 PM

what? why do you think i posted it in here, it can be used on any car that needs it.

PM me for any AC, audio, and wiring work on your vehicle. Including but not limited to car audio, alarms, gauge installs, custom clusters, full troubleshooting, big/dual fuel pump relay kits, battery relocation, factory radio iPod and amplifier integration, custom harnesses, and custom standalone ecu installs and much more! If you need it done, we can do it! Don't be afraid to inquire!
Old 06-02-2005, 07:37 PM
THE HAMMER

Originally Posted by MightyMaxGS-T
what? why do you think i posted it in here, it can be used on any car that needs it.

Got a link to a website for the manufacturer that says teh same thing? Sorry i just havent heard that the FCD's are interchangable between cars. I'll eat my words however with a simple link or web page
Old 06-02-2005, 08:16 PM

This is straight from the manufacturer:

Chris:

That unit is similar to an HKS "Fuel Cut Defenser", except it works much better. It's an adjustable voltage clamp, used to prevent MAP sensor codes or fuel cut when the using a stock MAP sensor.

Red and Black are 12v and ground. The other two wires were usually Green and White, but I made some with Blue and White, depending on what wire I had in stock at the time.

To install, first turn on the key, and measure the stock MAP sensor voltage, and write it down.

Key off, then cut the MAP sensor wire near the ECU.

Connect Red to switched 12v, and black to ground. Temporarily connect the Green to 12v as well.

Now, turn the key on, and the LED should be on, indicating that the unit is clamping.

Measure the voltage coming out of the White wire. Turn the adjustment until thevoltage reads what you previously wrote down.

Key off, and connect the Green wire to the MAP sensor output.

If the MAP sensor outputs too much voltage under boost, the unit will clamp it to stock value, preventing codes and fuel cut.

John

Old 06-03-2005, 06:04 AM
yea sweet lemonade

it says MAP sensor, is it compatable with a MAF sensor as well?
Old 06-03-2005, 08:59 AM

it was on an mr2