Toyota/Lexus Tech Got an MR2? This is the place for you! Celicas, Camrys, and Supras too!

3rd gen 3sgte in a hachi?

Old 04-30-2004, 07:33 AM
sergee-hoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 3rd gen 3sgte in a hachi? *PICS ADDED*

is it possible? has to be rwd of course

Last edited by MtuRbo2; 05-26-2004 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:50 AM
Anti-Flag

I'm sure it is ...

They put 1jz and 2jz's in them

Altezza Tranny should hold the power I would assume .

If your going to post , please fucking think before you start talking out of your ass !
Old 05-03-2004, 05:53 PM
FUCKCAMRY HELLOHACHI

thats a good question

i have never seen an "S" engine in a hachi personally, but like dan said probably

but of course somebody has to have one somewhere
Old 05-03-2004, 06:08 PM
THE MAN

I have I went for a ride in the fastest 3sgte street corolla on the planet thing ran 9's on the street it was sick ,you got to use a w58 or r-154 tranny with a custom bell housing , If you need help or someone to do the swap for you let me know , i can get you the bell housing that you need and some other stuff that would be required to do the swap.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:07 AM
TR Registered Member #5

whenever i get tired of the blacktop, im gonna do a SR20 probably

Editor - Stangtv.com - Dragzine.com

2011 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed manual Sterling Gray Metallic - New Project Car
SCT SF3 - FRPP Adjustable Handling Pack - Vortech 597 RWHP 476 lb/ft - 7.5 PSI

1965 Mustang - Blow thru Dart SBF 427ci with a Paxton NOVI-2500
Hydraulic roller, 91 octane, 1030HP

Old 05-04-2004, 03:19 PM

3rd gen 3sgte walks all over sr20... Theres a guy in the philipenes who sells a complete kit, bellhousing and all to swap in the 3s series motors. I have a friend in georgia that was in process of swapping a 2nd gen (the motor that came out of his mr2 when he installed a 3rd gen) into his hachi, But I havn't check on him in a while...

Bill sherwood (a god in the hachi world) did a 4th gen (NA 220 hp)swap from a altessa complete with the paddle shifter and gauges. Awsome car!

-Jeff
Old 05-05-2004, 04:42 PM
yea sweet lemonade

Toysport sells a RWD 3S conversion kit that uses the w58 tranny. but they only sell the whole kit and its like 3000 without an engine. and workig on nissan and other cars i would still have to say that the 3 best engines ever produced would be the 4a, 3s and 7m!! yeah eveyon likes the 1j/2j but the 7m has more heart and soul. nothing sounds sweater than a 7mgte with a open down pipe!! 1j/2j sound good, but don't have the gutteral growl
Old 05-21-2004, 07:23 AM
sergee-hoe

ok guys the moment has come...i have found an 85 sr5 w/ no motor for sell. the body is in really good shape interior is kinda shot so all i have to work w/ is the body wich is what i wanted. im planning on getting it for about 500 bucks and that will leave me w/ roughly 8k to play around w/. but before i jump into this project head first i want to know as much as possible as to what is involved. so any information or any forums that could help me would be greatly appreciated.

btw the numbers or names to the places that sell the bell housings / trannys i need would be helpful too so i can start getting prices for parts.

thanks for all the help guys...

sergio
Old 05-21-2004, 07:32 AM
sergee-hoe

Originally posted by joeyk
I have I went for a ride in the fastest 3sgte street corolla on the planet thing ran 9's on the street it was sick ,you got to use a w58 or r-154 tranny with a custom bell housing , If you need help or someone to do the swap for you let me know , i can get you the bell housing that you need and some other stuff that would be required to do the swap.
that would be great...i could use all the help i can get since im not even really sure what im getting myself into. ill be sure to let you know about the tranny and bell housing when the time comes.

also whats involved as far as suspension goes? can the stock front suspension hold the weight of the motor? also will there be any welding/drilling involved for motor/tranny mounts?

thanks again guys
Old 05-21-2004, 02:07 PM

theres a guy on club4ag that sells the bellhousing - his name is toycoolrolla I think, infact I think the guy sells a complete kit. I bought a 4ag to w58 bellhousing from him a while back. Theres also toysport like bill said above. I also have that friend up in georgia that was doing this swap, I could check up on his progress for you.

totally custom motor mounts... unless you buy a kit I guess, Yeah the suspention will hold it fine, the 3s isn't really that heavy of a motor, but of course the chassis is designed for 100hp and some reinforcement will be inorder.

A while back I saw a complete altezza clip on ebay for like 3500, I think they are in fairly low demand, so one may be bought cheaply, if one of those can be found it would be ideal (not the same motor as our is300 - think s2000 motor).

I'm doing some crazy custom stuff to my hachi (lets just say it involves various supra parts and a lysholm...) my aim is toyotageoffrie if you want to talk about it.

-Jeff