Suggestion Box & Help TampaRacing Use this forum to make site suggestions, apply to be a moderator, or to just help us out.
View Poll Results: This is such a great idea. Lets get the wheels rolling with this.
Great idea.
80.00%
Bad Idea
20.00%
I have a better idea. I will comment in this thread and say my idea.
0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

I'M BORED!!!!! And I'm getting tired of the same stuff every day.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Not Mad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'M BORED!!!!! And I'm getting tired of the same stuff every day.

I've been begging you guys to make some changes to the forum for years. I've posted countless different add-ons, plug-ins that were even approved by Zate and not once has anything changed around here!!! Why? Things are getting boring around here. I want to help revive this place and I cannot do it without your help. Don't let this place die like VerbalWarfare!!!!!

For starters I believe if we revolutionize PIT ROAD we can attract more users to the site. Pit road is a great place to get different types of people to join the site. I bet more than 80% of people in the U.S drive a vehicle. The United States alone has about 800 vehicles per 1000 people. That's estimated of course. ( Not by me). So out of those people who draw an interest to the site through PIT ROAD is bound to explore the site and make use of the other sub-forums. GCC in particular needs to grow. Not a lot of activity in there.If we find at least one way to bring people to the site I believe one way can be through Pit road. Pit road IMO is a huge mess. It's unorganized and I think the site could benefit from it if it was more organized with different categories.

For starters: We can have a section called " Help Desk " Under help desk.....

a. You click on newbz and there will be a few threads for the newbz to read about pit road.
b. Off topic rulez can go in there
c. On Topic rulez can go in there
d A thread called " Introduce yourself can be placed in there for New Pit road users.

Secondly we can have different sections for different types of pit roaders.

1. NSFW section

a. All NSFW threads can go in there. Most of those picture threads can go in there or NSFW Videos.

2. A section labeled " Lifestylez " In this section we can have sections like.

a. The Music Pit. All threads that have to deal with music can go in here. From what you recommend to posting songs/videos
b. The Gamer Pit. All threads that have to deal with gaming. From PC's, phones, Laptops, consoles can go in here.
c. DIY . Anything other than Car related can go in here from how to build a club house, change a light bulb, what/how to cook, et
d. Movies, T.V Shows, Musics books section
e. etc...

Sports and Fitness: This section can be used for all sports from football to nascar to boxing. Also how to eat or drink healthy. How to work out and get into shape to place sports or just to be more fit.

a. Football threads
b. BBall threads
c. Baseball threads.
d. Soccer threads.
e ESPN talk
f. Nascar talk
g. Fishing talk.
e. etc. etc..

4. " Keep it real " In this section it can be topics that are to be kept strictly on topic. If people keep breaking the rules in this section then they can be banned from this section.

5. " Picture me rolling" In this section people can give their input on what type of equipment to purchase, how to use your equipment, how to repair it. Show off their work from drawing, to taking pictures or video. This would be an on topic section. Anything off topic in this section would result in the ban from this section.

I don't understand why we don't have something like this in place. Yes this is a Auto-chat Forum, but we should find other means to keep this place a live. I have tried creating threads. I feel I am one of the few still creating threads to draw more users in here, but after a while you run out of threads to post about. Especially if you post the majority of them. Other forums do something very similar to what I have posted. This isn't anything original, It's something very common. It works and it draws attention. People who come to this section of the site are bound to see the other sections of the site. From GCC, to the other Sub-forums that are vehicle related. We have a lot of guests that probably don't sign in or create an account because there are other forums that offer more. Lets offer more to this place.

I don't mind helping out if you guys need the help. I understand if I am never put into any sort of moderation. I don't need that status to help. I just want to help this place grow and I've been offering my input and some of it was not rejected. They were just never used. Don't just read this. Respond to it. This place is becoming too quiet!!!!!! HELP ME HELP YOU!!!!!

Lets start all over. Lets wash our hands and turn the page. We need to start a new chapter.
Another thing, lets clear our band list from previous members who have been banned. They still lurk the site. Lets give them a chance to come back with a new and different pit road. members like Taylor, JH26, FOX, and other users who were very active in here They can most certainly help this place grow with a new and revised pit road.

P.S I don't need you just to comment on why those people are welcomed not back. If you want to comment please comment on how we can help the site grow. I've been giving ideas for years now and lots of those ideas are being used on other forums that are growing. On the other hand this forum is not growing.
- Ivan

Last edited by CoRDiTe; 07-10-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Not Mad

I cannot believe that 10+ people have viewed this and not one participated in the poll or commented. You guys just don't care do you? I'm trying, but it seems no one else cares to try.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Not Mad

b18c5,

So why is it a bad idea?
Old 07-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Passed you

i think the major problem is that people are joining site that are specific to their car. Like me for instance i'm on a solstice forum, i never get on T.R anymore. There was just to much drama. i just recently started to lurk back on here

Old 07-28-2012, 06:09 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

So more forums on misc items is what you are asking for. It would be like having Pit Road as one section with those topics underneath it.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 07-28-2012, 07:29 AM
Not Mad

Originally Posted by chi town brat
So more forums on misc items is what you are asking for. It would be like having Pit Road as one section with those topics underneath it.
Seems to work on other forums that are more established and have more traffic than this place. Does this place honestly feels like it's growing in your opinion? Do you see a lot of traffic here? Are you honestly satisfied with the traffic? If Cars for sale or the classifieds is all that you need to satisfy this place then I stand corrected. If it's broke then fix it. If we need to change things around that are working for other forums then do so. You want to stick to this place being strictly Vehicle related then dump Pit road. Other car related forums and non car related forums thrive from an off topic section along side the forum. Why cant this place?

The stubbornness in this forum will eventually silence this place off and before you say " Good ridden we don't need that section. More members will start to sign up that join for the car related part" You're still losing out. If you have 10 active people leave and several months later you have 4 people join with only one active are you really gaining the membership that you want?

Pit road can have several Sub-forums kinda like the Vehicle specific forums do. Something similar to Honda tech. Honda tech has like 4 different forums along with it and it thrives.

Edit: And don't read my post the wrong way. It may sound rude, but it's not directed towards you it's directed at TR.

Last edited by CoRDiTe; 07-28-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:18 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

So basically yes on the formatting because that is where I was going with the question so that we could get an idea of what the change would be.

Thanks.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 07-28-2012, 09:20 AM
Not Mad

So basically yes on the formatting because that is where I was going with the question so that we could get an idea of what the change would be.

Thanks.
More like a revision or how some might say. TR 2.0
Old 07-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Not Mad

Thanks.
Now that I think about it the way I typed it out in the OP it could seem like a whole new forum with sub forums, but that might not be the best route if this doesn't go the way I would hope. The second response where it could have sub forums like Honda tech might seem more logical for a first time run.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:51 AM

Sports and Fitness: This section can be used for all sports from football to nascar to boxing. Also how to eat or drink healthy. How to work out and get into shape to place sports or just to be more fit.

------------------------

Revenge Season 1 DVD
Game Of Thrones Seasons 1-2 DVD