Suggestion Box & Help TampaRacing Use this forum to make site suggestions, apply to be a moderator, or to just help us out.
View Poll Results: TR Market Place Feedback
I like the Feature
54.55%
I dont like the Feature
27.27%
I dont care
45.45%
I'm a vendor who might be interested in getting my stuff on it.
9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

TR Market Place Feedback

Old 07-22-2009, 02:09 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TR Market Place Feedback

Feature 1

TR Market Place

We are trialing a system through an outside 3rd party that lets our users search for parts for their year/model car. It will show up at the top in the header, under the usual menu bar. It is 100% optional, if you don't like the idea, dont like how it works, dont want to use it, then pease dont.

We have no control over the vendors in the system, and no control over the prices or the parts presented, so please don't complain about that. If you are a vendor who wants to get your parts inventory into the system, I can help you contact the company involved and they have programs to help you get your inventory into it.

Please test it out, look it over, give me some feed back in this thread. Any kind of feed back is welcome, but simply saying "this sucks" will probably piss me off. Tell me what you dont like and what you think can be done to improve it. There will be a poll to say whether you like the feature or not, if you dislike the system feel free to just vote that way, no need to post " it sucks/this is what is wrong with TR/I am 12 years old, what is this". All of these things will piss me off.

We plan to put this feature into all skins eventually. It is 100% optional to use it though.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:03 PM

Zate, I like the feature, in theory. Especially if we can get some parts on their at a later date when we're manufacturing our own parts However, the drawback I saw to that when I tested the drop-down menus, is that the "Text" doesn't fit into the box on the screen. IE: 2006, Chevy, Silverado, then there are a bazillion Silverado "types" (ie: Work Truck, 1500, 2500, 3500, etc) - the drop down menu box was limited as to how much of the text you could view/read.

Hope the input helps! Always glad to see you guys working towards perfection
Old 07-23-2009, 03:28 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

I will see what I can do about that, it's a IE specific problem I think. I will see if I can get the boxes widened a bit.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:39 PM

10-4 good buddy Definitely using IE on both home and office CPU's, so could be the issue!
Old 07-24-2009, 10:00 PM
Once Ruled The World .l..

Zate,

I played around with it a bit, and it is interesting... When I click the get it now, it isn't working, but for looking at the parts & details, it seems like it could be a good tool for TR users. I definatly would trial & track and see if it gets some use. It will really just depend if it has good prices.

Maybe just put it up over the parts & tech sections, and not the main forum page.

-Morty

TR
"Old Skool EF & DA Crews" Member #46
TR "Wagovan Club" Member #1
Old 07-25-2009, 05:16 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

putting it over just one section is an idea, but i think it gets more exposure over the whole site.

I'll look into that "get it now" thing. hard part is.. everything is controlled by another group of people, so i need to submit problems to them to resolve, i don't get access to touch the actual code... which I am ok with.. enough custom shit on TR already.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:55 AM
Not harsh, just truthful

I like the feature alot.