Suggestion Box & Help TampaRacing Use this forum to make site suggestions, apply to be a moderator, or to just help us out.

The new Classifieds Suck

Old 09-30-2008, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down The new Classifieds Suck

I went to post a car for trade today... This Classifieds system totally sucks and bums me out x10.

LET'S GO TAMPA BAY BUCS!
Old 09-30-2008, 12:58 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

can you be a bit more specific, did something fail ?.. did you get an error ?.. or is it too complicated for you ?
Old 09-30-2008, 01:31 PM

Ya i would have to say the same. I do not like it at all. The new setup it to hard just to sell somthing.. Why can it just be like the old one where you start a new thread and you post what you have and pics of it, dont need to worry about bidding or anything like that...

Old 09-30-2008, 02:41 PM
bassheadsent.net

^ +1!
Old 09-30-2008, 03:01 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by SlowCivicEx
Ya i would have to say the same. I do not like it at all. The new setup it to hard just to sell somthing.. Why can it just be like the old one where you start a new thread and you post what you have and pics of it, dont need to worry about bidding or anything like that...
i understand it's new and will take some getting used to.

There is only "bidding" if you choose an auction, did you choose an auction?

Create a listing, put a price, add pics, write about what you've got forsale. It's a step or 2 more than creating a thread but people can find stuff this way, things go in the right place.

keep up the feedback, I appreciate it is different and a little more complicated but anything we do to make the system more usable is going to be more complicated than just creating a thread.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:56 PM

Zate, The issue is it takes away a bit of the freedoms and turns the site into an AutoTrader.com, and the reason I prefer to come to to TampaRacing.com over AutoTrader is because not only is it free, but this is supposed to be a forum, a social community, a lot of us enjoy being able to post questions back/forth, make offers back/forth, bump a thread, etc. I am a Web Developer, and in my personal and professional opinion, I think this is going to hurt TampaRacing's User-controlled barter/sell/buy system. It's boring, It's corporate, It's just not appealing to me at all, and I've had PM's and comments from people who say the same, I have not heard one positive yet.

LET'S GO TAMPA BAY BUCS!
Old 09-30-2008, 07:00 PM

Also, the threads prior-switch are still based on the old system and get bumped, go look in Cars for Sale... Do you see how quickly a car drops down in the listings, it's not even worth the time because it's down 15 spots in 6 minutes.

LET'S GO TAMPA BAY BUCS!
Old 09-30-2008, 07:29 PM

I dont like the Classifieds system .!!.. to complicated for me.. i guess ill get use to it. but OLD one FTW~!!!!

Old 09-30-2008, 07:30 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by cclegg0286
Zate, The issue is it takes away a bit of the freedoms and turns the site into an AutoTrader.com, and the reason I prefer to come to to TampaRacing.com over AutoTrader is because not only is it free, but this is supposed to be a forum, a social community, a lot of us enjoy being able to post questions back/forth, make offers back/forth, bump a thread, etc. I am a Web Developer, and in my personal and professional opinion, I think this is going to hurt TampaRacing's User-controlled barter/sell/buy system. It's boring, It's corporate, It's just not appealing to me at all, and I've had PM's and comments from people who say the same, I have not heard one positive yet.
I've had a number of positive commetns and I disgree with most of what your reasons are. The very things you list as "positives" are the very things that make our current system a pain in the ass for lots of people to use. The back and forth/rampant bumping and such are the cause of more reported posts than anything else. The good news though is you can still bump, you can still ask questions and comment on listings... for those 2 specific things you can still do it.

It does give people the option to disable comments for their listing if they dont want asshats being idiots in there listing.

As for the old threads, that's a temporary problem.. soon enough all of those will run their course.

Bumping a listing (which is free) is still avialable and now we can add the functionlity of being able to sticky your listing for a limited amount of time.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:32 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by FC_V8
I dont like the Classifieds system .!!.. to complicated for me.. i guess ill get use to it. but OLD one FTW~!!!!
which old one, there were 2.

The new system is more complicated than just creating a thread, sure... but it's also easier to find what your looking for. It;s less complicated than the old Photopost Classified system that we had, and has less bugs and more features.. not only that but the new one ties the forums, and the central classifieds system together.. the old systems were separate.