Suggestion Box & Help TampaRacing Use this forum to make site suggestions, apply to be a moderator, or to just help us out.

can we please add a VIP section to the board

Old 10-13-2008, 05:36 PM
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL.. when I saw my name in relation to a "VIP" thread I was excited, untill I scrolled back and saw that this post is for a "style" called "VIP" so never mind. I consider myself a VIP here at Tampa Racing. and hopefully my clients feel the same way. I would like to position myself, and my company as the Go-to for suspension. now that being said I do-not and WILL NOT work on cars that are being modified for purely asthetic purposes. I'm a chassis and suspension builder first! I don't even think about modifying a car without taking all the chassis dynamics into consideration. since a properly designed suspension is way more involved then bolting this part to that one.

sure a car can be set up PROPERLY to use big wheels and with the right suspension can even benefit from the increase in mechanical grip, however PLEASE do not modify Chassis and suspension, it's a good place for Proper suspension questions. If it gets loaded with posts about putting S-10 spindles on your 83 cutlass so it'll support 24's well that's not what it's about. Sure I can modify any car to fit giant wheels but if it goes against my prime directive (to not hurt the performance of the host vehicle) then I cannot be involved.

apparently around the corner from my shop is Jack (off?) boys customs and I beleive they do all that goofy shit. but to keep it professional I will still help anyone confused enough to desire a big wheel mod.. but we will have a talk about what works and what dosent.

Last edited by treekiller; 10-13-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by B18C14
Ahhh, I see. Well here's my 2 cents then. Let's all look at the top of the screen and read, TAMPA "RACING"!!!!! Not dub city...

Now befor everyone flips take the time to read. I'm sure there are plenty of bigwheel forums for the guys that are into that but this is a site for guys that like performance, Can we keep it that way??? I think those cars look good but as far as performance goes, YEAH, Need I say more? I can understand the so called vip guys being on here due to the fact 19"s on an
S15 with a perfect stance is a drift car by any name. Or a G35 on 18" or 19" wheels would be normal, yet it's a sports car and is made for that. But the part I don't get is the guy with the 94' ES 300 on twinkies with candy paint some airhorns maybe some LV interior may look good, BUT, IT'S NOT A PERFORMANCE VEHICLE!!! It's quite the opposite, turn a corner at 35, it'll flip over. lol... Now if they wanna buy a set of rims then there is a forum for that, and suspention as well, or audio, etc. But it's not about bubbletops and box Chevy's on here, Unless it's blown and has a bigblock. If we go to random site a that's about donks and try to start a forum on turbocharging it's not going to fly, right!!! So in the end even though I like looking at anything that was done right, I don't think this is the site for that type of vehicle.
wow. And i didnt think people on here could get anymore retarted.

Last edited by OneCleanS14; 10-14-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:49 PM
Spoolinfool

Originally Posted by OneCleanS14
wow. And i didnt think people on here could get anymore retarted.
Wow, that's an educated responce, you come up with that all on your own or did you have some friends help you??? Why is it someone makes a point and there's always some idiot that feels the need to protect his opinion through name calling. Why don't you pose your arguement through making a valid point, that's what I did... And how can you even argue? LOOK AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREEN, What does it say??? TAMPA (RACING)...

REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT
Old 10-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Contract Killer

Wow, that's an educated responce, you come up with that all on your own or did you have some friends help you??? Why is it someone makes a point and there's always some idiot that feels the need to protect his opinion through name calling. Why don't you pose your arguement through making a valid point, that's what I did... And how can you even argue? LOOK AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREEN, What does it say??? TAMPA (RACING)...
Because you owned him, and his boys.
Repped
it is the soldier, who saluted the flag, who serves under the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag,who allows the protester to burn the flag.
-author uncertian
Old 10-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Do not fear me gypsy

Originally Posted by oASHo
dubbing is considered more of the big wheel thing. like tucking 20inch + wheels on a lexus/infinity/model-t/ etc.

vip is more of the luxurious look tucking 19s or lower with nice stance and fitment.
um, dubbing by my definition is low and full of stretch and poke.

Free NoComply540!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:46 PM
11 second club

I think a VIP section would be bad ass. I'm not in the scene but I am very much into it. There is a drifting forum...so why not put a VIP one on here as well.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:37 PM
DD.
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If were stating facts, your clearly wrong here.

Go ahead and take a look at the forum list:

Photography and Graphics - Not Racing.

Pit Road - Not Racing

Audio - Not Racing

Green Motoring - Not Racing

Paint and Body - Not Racing

So your point is not valid. Although this is Tampa(Racing), we welcome anything "Automotive related."

Thanks,
Old 10-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Spoolinfool

Originally Posted by DareDevil
If were stating facts, your clearly wrong here.

Go ahead and take a look at the forum list:

Photography and Graphics - Not Racing.

Pit Road - Not Racing

Audio - Not Racing

Green Motoring - Not Racing

Paint and Body - Not Racing

So your point is not valid. Although this is Tampa(Racing), we welcome anything "Automotive related."

Thanks,

OMG, HERE WE GO!!! Are you really a mod on here and getting in an arguement? Why don't you take a long hard look at what you just said there smart guy. Everything you mentioned has something to do with racing or can be implamented in the cars that fit the profile of Tamparacing and or a street/strip car. Your buddies dunk wid a smallblock in dat bitch and some twinkies on nat mufuka just don't seem to mesh in here. If that's the case then shit lets add a section for semi trucks and a how to forum on performing the maintanance on the air p.t.o.'s and 5th wheel hookups on your rig. Has about as much to do with the cars on here as a 76 Cutty wit some Guchi letha in it dog.

IF YOU ARE GONNA REPLY TO WHAT I SAY AT LEAST MAKE A POINT!!!
I ALWAYS DO. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO HAVE A DEBATE IN HERE WITHOUT SOME SNOTNOSE BABY HAVING TO STOP AND CHANGE HIS DIAPER? WTF FTW

REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT
Old 10-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Scissor Me Timbers!

VIP has nothing to do with 76 cutlas's or gucci interior...

Please check out VIPstylecars.com and you get an idea of what the whole VIP scene is all about.

One example of a great VIP base is the lexus gs300 .. These cars use the same motor as the n/a supras.. In japan they are the toyota aristo and come factory with the 2jz-gte. That motor drops right in the us model gs's.. In my opinion that car can hang with the best of them performance wise..

VIP is all about getting your stance right.. Fitting extremely aggresive offset / size wheels.. Its a very expensive scene to get into.. But you gotta pay to play. Ha!
Old 10-27-2008, 12:27 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

OMG, HERE WE GO!!! Are you really a mod on here and getting in an arguement? Why don't you take a long hard look at what you just said there smart guy. Everything you mentioned has something to do with racing or can be implamented in the cars that fit the profile of Tamparacing and or a street/strip car. Your buddies dunk wid a smallblock in dat bitch and some twinkies on nat mufuka just don't seem to mesh in here. If that's the case then shit lets add a section for semi trucks and a how to forum on performing the maintanance on the air p.t.o.'s and 5th wheel hookups on your rig. Has about as much to do with the cars on here as a 76 Cutty wit some Guchi letha in it dog.

IF YOU ARE GONNA REPLY TO WHAT I SAY AT LEAST MAKE A POINT!!!
I ALWAYS DO. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO HAVE A DEBATE IN HERE WITHOUT SOME SNOTNOSE BABY HAVING TO STOP AND CHANGE HIS DIAPER? WTF FTW
i'll reply and make a point.

He was right. TR is about cars. If there is enough need for a forum on something specific, we'll add it.

Right now i dont see enough need for a VIP section though.

you need to chill out or halve your dosage or something dude.