Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

turboxs intake

Old 05-06-2003, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turboxs intake

hey yall...I was lookin around the internet the other day and while browsing the turboxs site I saw their new intake. When I bought the intake for my car I was leaning towards ram-air instead of cold air intakes. I figured that if I got a cold air intake, because of all the flooding in florida(especially where I used to live down near miami) eventually the turbo would suck a bunch of water from under the bumper and blow it into the engine(which now that I have been around the block once, I've seen people mess up their cars that way, and I like to drive in the rain). So I ended up gettin the MRT ram air intake with the foam filter. It sounds good, and maybe gives a little more power, but I have been weiry of the foam filter...since we know that the filter is there to clean the air, and I didn't think a peice of foam could do that correctly. Anyways I noticed that the turboxs intake is basically the same as the mrt one, but with a K&N cone filter....wish it was for sale when I bought my intake:-\

Last edited by hippy; 05-06-2003 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-07-2003, 05:25 AM

Default mrt/k&n

like I said in my first message...I think that for the life of ones turbo and engine, it is more important to have clean air than a lot of it. Not that I think the foam filter can filter air any faster than a k&n filter. Those are my thoughts on the subject....
Hippy
Old 05-07-2003, 05:56 AM
Blingo!?!

the foam will filter just as well as the cotton ones (K&N) its not the material that filters it any way, its the oil on the filter, hence why you have to keep reoiling them, and the cotton or the foam is there as a medium to hold the oil

20TenProductions "Born to lose and Destined to fail!"